Chapter Eighteen: Summer break

I didn't think I was going to have a summer this year. I chose this option because I wanted to get ahead on degree plan. I had a promise to keep. My promise was to finish college with the best grades I could make while finishing fast. I wanted start a family with Charlie as soon as we could.

I took fast track courses. These courses were designated for me to finish them in five weeks. They were course that I took every single day. I took the following courses.

EGYT 1320 - Introduction to Classical Hieroglyphic Egyptian Writing and Language

EGYT 1330 - Selections from Middle Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts

EGYT 1340 - Selections from Middle Egyptian Hieratic Texts

EGYT 1410 - Ancient Egyptian Literature

I know taking all of these courses would keep me extremely busy for the next five weeks. However, I need the pressure of the class load. I need to keep on track of my goals. If I complete all of these courses I will be going into my Sophomore year as fourth semester student.

If I would have taken the second set of summer courses I would have started my second year as a Junior. I would have done that but I wanted to be at Charlies trial. I knew that it was coming up and I didn't want to miss it.

I told Charlie on one of the times that he called me that I was taking a lot of course to finish early. "Hey baby girl, how are you?" "My love I'm doing good, I just signed up for four fast pace courses. That means I'll be starting on my fourth semester in September." "That's great beautiful." "I miss you so much baby girl" "My love I miss you with every waking moment."

"Baby girl, I'll get out of here soon." "Do you know when your trial is going to be?" "Actually, that is one of the things I was going to tell you about. My trial is set for July 22nd." "My love that is great news, Oh, wait that is even better news, I should be done with these courses on July 12th. "I will let our parents know. I know dad and mom will want to go to your trial and so do I. "You guys better be here." "My love of course we will be there for you."

The next five weeks were intense and hard. My letter writing to Charlie slowed down. It was because I didn't miss him or love him. It was because I had so much homework and class work to do. I loved it, but I felt bad because Charlie wasn't getting my full attention. Charlie understood because he was still able to call me and catch up.

When my fast pace course ended, I felt more educated and reassured I was doing what I loved. July 12th came around and I finished my last exam. Charlie asked me to go back home to either one of our parent's house for the remaining amount of my summer. He said it was my choice but he preferred that I would be with family.

I was reluctant to go back because of stupid bitch ass Mattie. I thought to myself I shouldn't be scared of that bitch. Well I wasn't scared of her per say, it was who she was connected to that scared me. I was so excited that I was done with my fast pace courses.

On Monday, the starting week after I was done. I checked my grades online. I saw that I had passed all of my courses. I was now a fourth semester Sophomore at Brown University. I nearly fell on my butt when I started jumping up and down in our living room.

I knew it was time to go home. I made sure everything was securely locked up and unplugged. I was on the road and headed home for the summer. My friends from college were all going back home too, I told them I'd call them to catch up.

I took Charlie's car home. Driving his car made me feel closer to him. I love this little car, now I know why he has it. I think he got it because of my fictional love of Jake Ryan. He wanted to be my Jake Ryan, and now all these years later he was my own version of Jake Ryan.

I got home and of course my mother welcomed me back home with open arms. "Hey Baby girl, you made it home. I hope you're staying with us?" "Mama of course I am." I decided that I would stay one week with my parents and maybe one week with my future in laws. I love them just as much as I loved my own parents.

Charlie called me the very next day I arrived back home. I told him I was staying at my parent's house but may stay a couple of nights in his room. I missed his smell, his hugs, his eyes and most of all his love. I missed my Charlie very much. I was excited that his trial was schedule for next Monday. I was so excited and I was happy. I hope that he wouldn't be sentenced for years.

After I got off the phone with my love, I called Carol and Alex they already had our plane tickets. Our hotel was even taking care. They told me that we were flying out tomorrow afternoon. We were going to stay for a whole week.