Chapter Twenty-Six: Life has Its ups and Downs...

I never knew how happy I could be. Carrying this bundle of joy inside me. I know it is probably only a blimp on the screen but this is our blimp. When I was released from the hospital, Charlie carried me bridal style all the way to the car. "Charlie, I can walk you know" "I know my love but the doctor said you need rest. We've been trying for some time now to conceive and I don't want anything to happen to you or to our baby." I rolled my eyes at him because this is just the beginning and he's already being over protective.

I didn't want to tell anyone that we were pregnant yet until we went to the doctor. I don't want us to be having a type of false pregnancy. I know that I could miscarriage at any time but I didn't want to think of that. When we got home, Charlie called my OBGYN and found out that they were closed. "FUCK, they are closed" "Baby, it's Saturday do you honestly think that the doctor's office would be open?" "I don't know baby girl I just so excited that I want to be there every step of the way." I pulled his face down to mine and gave him a small kiss on the lips. "My love you will be, you will be at all the appointments and all the classes. We are doing this together. Besides who do you think is going to drive me to everything?" Charlie smiled and laughed at my comment. I know he was super excited.

Sunday morning, I woke up feeling great for the first five minutes then I ran to the bathroom to have my morning chuck fest. I knew that morning sickness was a thing but it's a different story when you're actually going through it. The first couple of hours of the morning I felt horrible. Charlie gave me crackers and water so that I could feel better. I knew he still wanted to go home for the week. We pretty much stayed in bed all day. I felt like poop all day.

Monday morning came around and like clockwork, a run to the bathroom was in order. Charlie was the best he had my water and crackers waiting for me. As soon as I got up and ran to the bathroom he called my OBGYN. He made an appointment for next Wednesday in the afternoon at 3:00 PM. I knew he wanted to go to the doctor's soon but he also wanted to visit with his parents. In making his appointment for next week gives me enough time to get home from school and to freshen up.

We packed up our bags for the next five days so that we can visit our parents. We didn't want to tell anyone our great news because we still didn't know all the details. I hope Charlie doesn't open up his mouth. When he gets excited things "slip". When we got home we visited with my parents first because they were still off from work. My mother looked really tired. She said she was preparing for her 18th year of being a professor. I really wanted to tell her because I couldn't lie to her, but I know we wanted confirmation.

"Mama!!" as I hugged her and walked in the door. "Charlie darling!" "I see Charlie is still your favorite" "Baby girl you know that you are my only child, but Charlie is taking care of my baby." "Ok mama I guess you're right." "Mama, when I'm done with school in three months, we are moving back home!" "Oh, baby girl that is fantastic news!" "Oh, and mama we picked a date!" "A date? A date for what sweetheart?" "Mother! for our wedding!!" "May 22nd, 2022" "Sweetheart don't you want to be a June bride?" "Mama that is so cliché, plus I want to celebrate Charlies birthday, he proposed to me on my birthday month, I want to marry him in his birthday month." "Seriously Re-Anne?" "Talking about being cliché and you're planning that?" "Ok mama, maybe we will change the date, but I don't know yet."

"Mama make sure you clear your calendar for Memorial Day weekend." "Oh, Baby girl I already have it cleared off." "Mama, you don't even know what I'm going to tell you, do you already have plans?" "Baby girl I'm a professor, I know that is the day you will be graduating from Brown University." "Mama you are a professor at a different college." "Sweetheart, I know but I also know about my daughter and her schedule. I can't believe you beat all the odds and finished your degree in a little over two years.