Chapter 33.

"I don't wanna keep playin' them games 'cause I feel like I'm losin' ."

-H.E.R.

R

Sophia

Since Zae told me how he felt we have been on and off. One day he holds me like he doesn't want to let go, and the next day It's like he could care less if it all ended.

I watched as he walked past me with some girl under his arm. He's been doing it all week, and every time I tell him about it he says the same thing over and over again. 

At the end of the day we're not together, so I'm just doing my own thing.

I'm letting him do his "own thing" but it's hurting me. Seeing him with other females makes me angry, sad, and jealous. He made it seem like I was his and he was mines, especially when other guys like Maaliq tried to get at me. Maybe it was a phase. Maybe I thought I meant a lot to him when in reality... he meant more to me.

"Sophia are you even listening to me?" Imani asked snapping me out of my thoughts

"Sorry, I was thinking about something." I said blankly

"It's Zae huh?" She asked gesturing over to where he was standing

The girl remained under his arm as he flirted with her. She was all smiles and giggles.

Like I was...

"Yeah." I sighed

"What's up with y'all you guys were just good like 2 weeks ago. What happened?" 

"He grew distant and started doing his own thing, and I sat here and tried to keep doing us, but day by day I realize there is no more us." My voice cracked

I don't know why I felt like crying, and I wasn't about to. I looked off into another direction as I tried to salvage the lump forming in my throat. I was hurt but I didn't want to show it.

"He must mean something to you. You sound like you're about to cry." She said looking at me

"Let's just talk about something else." I suggested

I zoned out as she went on to talk about some female she doesn't like. All I could think about was him yet he wasn't thinking about me.

After School

We need to talk...

Was the message I sent him. I sat and stared as the snowflakes hit my window pane. I thought about what I was gonna say to Zae. I didn't want to come off as hurt but as if I was fed up.

Incoming Facetime Call from Zae

I hesitated for moments and then answered the call.

"So what's up with you?" He asked looking at me attentively