Prologue

Dear diary,
Today my heart is filled with so much sorrow and pain. I never thought this could happen to me. I thought our love was strong and could withstand the test of time. Oh, was I wrong. The disappointment is killing me, I can't believe I had so much faith in us. I couldn't even look at our pictures together without breaking down. I had smashed my phone screen today out of frustration. Just to get rid of my stupid smiling face next to him.

He had always said I was innocent with a chuckle, but now I realised he meant naive and dumb. The signs were all there, but I just kept pushing it aside. With the hope that if I ignored it, it will go away. It didn't and it came back to bite me in the ass.

I can't believe I was crying over a guy, Jesus has been the only man in my life until Alan came my way. I met him at a Christian youth camp. We both had a burning zeal for Christ's work and that got me attracted to him. He was kind and treated me with so much respect and he never pushed me for sex. He was so different from the guys out there and I fell madly in love with him. We both had the same faith and that kind of man was difficult to come by.

I never saw this coming, but here I am with my world crushing when I came face to face with reality. I have been floating in my own world and now my bubbles have burst. My self-esteem has been trumped upon today.

I have walked in on Alan cheating with my best friend. I knew they were becoming close but I thought it was a friendship that was brewing between them. I run out of the room when I saw them together, hoping that Alan will run after me. Just like it always happens in movies, but he didn't. He hasn't even texted me, let alone call. I'm miserable.

Today was his birthday, it was supposed to be perfect not like this. Who am I kidding? It was perfect for him because he got a girl under him whilst I was waiting for him. That is a perfect fantasy for every man. To get girls mad over him which he could get at the flick of his finger.

How could Dorcas do this to me? I thought she was my friend. I should have been suspicious of her frequent texting with Alan. She was always bringing up Alan's name anytime we were conversing. Poor me, I thought she was warming up to him, not knowing they were screwing behind my back.

I should have known she could do this to me. Since childhood, she has always wanted my things. I remember one time when we were in preschool, she had cried and whined to get my school bag. My mum went and bought a similar one for her. She once fought me over my teddy bear telling me it was time to be hers. We were in primary one then. I should have been a bit suspicious but always I was thinking good of others.

I had no one to blame but me. Our relationship was too perfect to be true. We never argue. Whenever there was a misunderstanding one easily gave up and guess what, it was always me. I never get angry at him, even when he hurt me. Now I get why he called me Angel Angela. He knew I was naive.

We agreed to get physical after we get married. The furthest we have gone is a hug. I remember one time he tried to kiss me when we were alone in his room. I had told him to stop, referring him to one of our youth seminar talk on sex before marriage. I was afraid we wouldn't be able to control our self if we kissed, so I had left his room hurriedly without looking back.

He never brought up the topic of us almost kissing and I was more than relieved.
Silly me, I guess I should have asked him what was going on with him. I forgot he was human and he had needs. I should have talked to him at length about it, to reach a consensus. Maybe that was when everything started between him and Dorcas. It was exactly a week after that episode that I saw them texting each other frequently. It was then that Dorcas mentioned his name with a smile every time.

Should I pity myself, I don't know. I have suddenly realised how dumb I have been. Dorcas is no angel but she has always got guys fanning on her. Now my own Alan is one of her conquests. What was so special about her that she always get the guys she wants. Unlike me, I had always wanted only one guy and that is Alan. So what right did she have to take him away from me?

He was my happiness. With him, I felt like I have found my Adam. How dare she interrupt my dream. Hell no! I'm not giving up on Alan. He is mine and I will do whatever it takes to get him back. Just to prove to Dorcas, this time around she can't have what is mine. I'm going back to Alan's place tomorrow, to mend things. I have made up my mind, I'm going to fight for us.
Dorcas has to wait and see.

Hey this is your girl Gyimaya and this is my 2nd book on wattpad.
This story will contain sex scenes periodically and I promise its get more and more interesting with each turn of a chapter
So Please do well to vote and comment will love to hear your thoughts.