Chapter Twenty

My parents have dump my ass at Damien's house and left without a second glance. How do I deal with this? I felt rejected but decided to shake it off and make the best out of my situation.

Mr Kingston had instructed the maid to show me my room and I was currently unpacking my stuff. The room was painted cream with golden curtains and a marching bedsheet and as usual Damien had left the house without saying a word to me.

" Hey sorry, I didn't know someone was in the room," I heard a deep rich masculine voice say slightly startling
me.

" Who are you?" I asked with raised eyebrow.

"Excuse my manners I'm Chris," he introduced himself extending his hand.

" Chris who?" I questioned not bothering to take his hand.

" I'm Damien's cousin," he answered putting his hands in his pocket.

" So what are you doing up here?" I asked again and he chuckled in response.

" What's funny?" I questioned folding my hands together.

" Are you with the CIA or something. I feel like I'm being interrogated here," he said with an infectious smile making me smile involuntary too.

" I'm just trying to be safe. I'm Angie," I introduced myself suddenly feeling relaxed around me.

" Nice to meet you," he responded extending his hand again and I eagerly took it this time.

" You have pretty hands," he uttered looking straight into my eyes before bringing my hands to his lips.

" Thank you," I softly responded looking any where but his face, feeling self conscious. Why must they all have handsome genes.

" So why are you here," I tried to fill the awkward silence that issued  between us.  I could still feel the sensation of his soft warm lips against the back of my hand.

" I sleep in this room whenever I come over," he responded, closing the door behind him now.

" Oh so I took your room," I said, realising the situation.

" Kinda but I don't mind sharing a room with you," he flirted his eyes bright with a mischievous glint.

" Why don't we share a bed whilst we are at it," I flirted back and he burst out laughing.

" You kidding right?" he asked with raised eyebrow, a smile on his lips.

" Of course," I giggled and he stared at me with a look I couldn't decipher.

" What?" I questioned when it went on for more than a minute.

" I'm used to ladies flirting with me with this desperate sexual energy but you, you come with this playful energy its refreshing," he answered like he was in daze.

" Am I supposed to say thanks again?" I asked with a chuckle.

" Whatever you want baby girl," he responded moving to stand beside me.

" Let me give you a hand whilst you  unpack," he offered taking hold of one of my blouse before I could stop him.

" Are  you sure you can handle it?"  I questioned and he was like yeah I help my sister Shantel all time.

" I have met her before at your mums boutique with Damien. How is she?" I questioned afterwards before heading to the closet to arrange my blouses.

" She is fine. So how are you related to Damien?" he curiously asked.

" Its kinda complicated but if you want more information, I suggest you ask him," I answered truthfully.

" Okay," he responded not pushing things further and I was grateful for that.