Twenty-Six

Hey baby," I said the moment I entered the ward, placing the flower in my hand on her bed post.  Angie quickly turned towards the wall giving me her back. I knew she was still mad at me, even though I have been around for the past one week and I was willing to put up with any amount of her tantrum.

" Beautiful please look at me," I pleaded taking her hand in mine and dropping kisses on it.

" Go away and leave me alone," she uttered in a horsy voice and I could sense she was crying.

" I'm sorry baby. For not being there for you when you needed me most. I swear to pay attention to your every single need from now on. Order me about if you want. Your wishes are my command now," I told her, rubbing my hands against her back and she abruptly turned to look at me.

" Are you sure?" She wryly asked.

" Hundred percent. All you have to do is  to tell me you have forgiven me," I solemnly replied looking straight into her eyes, whilst she ponder over it.

" Fine. I have forgiven you," she said and I smiled, perking her soft lips, before trying to deepen it when I realised I wanted more.

" Not so fast," she said putting her hands on my shoulder to stop me midway. " There are certain conditions you have to fulfil first," she said biting her lips sexily, deep in thought.

" Are you trying to seduce me?" I jokily asked and she chuckled. "Not really but if you find my thinking face sexy, then am honoured," she replied before taking hold of my shirt to pull me towards her to plant her lips against mine, the hotness of her taking charge reeling me in.

We broke the kiss, and she gave me a sweet dazzling smile, making me want her more.

" Promise me you will come home exactly 5pm each day," she said afterwards and I don't want to live with your mum anymore,"she added.

" Done," I curtly said and her mouth dropped in surprise.

" You are really going to make us move out?" She questioned again, trying to come to terms with how easily I agreed.

" Yep," I replied and she engulfed me in a tight hug, the warm feeling making me smile.

" Is the baby feeding time," she said taking my hands in hers and getting off the bed. "Let's go," she added, her gloomy mood completely gone.

Her face brighten up when she saw Divine, passing her hands through the access part door to softly touch her. I just stood there watching their interaction, completely smitten.

Angie shoulders began to heave and she began to emit painful groans. I quickly rushed to her side when I realised she was crying, pulling her against me whilst she hold on tight.

" Ssshh is going to be alright," I assured her rubbing circles against her back, her tears gradually subsiding.

" I hate the fact that I can't hold her in my arms. She being fed through intravenous line (IV) is so painful to watch. She is so fragile," she sobbed.

" I know but everything will work out well. I promise," I reassured, running my hands through her hair to calm her down.

" Go lie down for a while, you need to relax," I told her wrapping my hands around her waist and carrying her bridal style to her ward. Wanting to do anything to lessen her pain.

I watched her fall asleep after a while before my phone ring, the caller being my secretary.

" Sir the meeting with the investors start in about an hours time," she said the moment I picked the call.