Chapter Thirty

Dedicated to @ChristinaTaylor04

" Cupcake let's go home," I composed myself, before taking hold of her and leading her out of the house. Her head bowed down.

" Sit still and let me fix your seatbelt," I instructed before climbing into the driving seat afterwards. We silently drove home as I contemplate on what to tell her as we continued driving.

I put the television on Nickelodeon channel for her to watch when we  reached home before I went to the fridge to take out the food the nanny prepared to microwave it. I took her to the dinning hall after  fixing her plate and watch her fidget with her food.

" Cupcake are you not hungry?" I asked and she shook her head in reply.

" Then why are you not eating your food?" I continued, leaving my side of the table to sit beside her.

" Because you are mad at me," she replied in between sobs taking me aback.

" what makes you think am mad at you sweety?" I questioned perplexed with the whole situation.

" Because I asked about mummy," she replied her tears still flowing.

" Baby... naa, am not angry with you," I told her, gently wiping her tears and putting her on my laps.

" Then why didn't you answer my question, daddy" she asked turning her head to look at me. Her eyes dim with sadness.

" I wanted us to reach home first,sweety," I replied after hesitating for a moment, not knowing what to say.

" So is she my mummy?" She questioned again.

" Yes honey. She is," I curtly replied and she smiled before blowing her nose.

" She is very pretty," she said running off from my laps and taking her school bag to bring out the picture.

" Yeah very," I dryly agreed.

" So how was she like?" She asked the question I  have been dreading ever since she started growing up.

" Errm.... She was sweet, kind,innocent and loving. Exactly like you," I tried explaining the best I could and cringing inward at the nice words I was using to describe the bitch from hell.

" I am pretty, pretty, pretty...," she stated chanting , twirling around and laughing.

" Yes baby, you are pretty pretty wow," I confirmed and softly  pinched her cheeks. Is amazing how her mood her quickly switch about.

" So daddy when are we visiting her grave?" she asked, her left arm hanging on her hip.

" Aren't you afraid of the cemetery?!" I exclaimed astonished at her request.

" Noo daddy, people on telly visit their dead family. Is not scary at all," she answered confidently.

"Okay. To do what?" I questioned, in an attempt to know if she really knew what she was talking about.

" To talk with them. I want to tell mummy I miss her and wish she was here to visit the park and beautiful places with me," she solemnly answered, her voice filled with sadness.

" I get it baby. We will visit her. So act strong for mummy. She doesn't want to see you sad," I told her and she eagerly  nodded, before I made her sit on my laps. " Now eat your food, mummy is watching from heaven," I continued and she eagerly dug into the food whilst I looked on, my mind running faster, looking for ways to prevent Angie from coming close to my daughter, to keep the lie intact.

Angie's POV
I was currently staying in a hotel due to my father's refusal to let me stay in his house. The hostility in his voice when I called him still give me chills whenever I remember.