Chapter Twelve

"Seriously Angie you need to wake up. Love isn't real. So you gotta protect yourself," Irene stated when she finally got fed up with my moody appearance all week-long .

" I thought I could get Alan to love me just the way I do," I languished.

" That guy needs to be behind cell for laying his hands on you and you need to freakin' forgot that guy. He is fucked up," she advised.

" I know but I love him," I whined and hugged myself.

" You could have become partially deaf from that slap he gave. You need to erase him from your heart, no man deserves a woman's love. They are not worth it," she retorted.

" I know but he was so sweet at first, I don't know where I went wrong" I stated dejectedly.

" You got to stop moaning a lost case and get dress. We are going to Epilogo and remember the best way to forget a guy is to get under a different guy," she instructed throwing some dress at me which a caught by reflex.

" What! you mean I should wear this short exposing dress to the street jam," I exclaimed in disgust.

" Yep that's the dress code and you don't really have a choice. Get your ass off the bed and let's go have some fun," she stated excitedly before taking hold of my hand to drag me off the bed.

I reluctantly changed into the denim jeans and the crop top she gave me.
" Damn girl you look hot," Irene gushed out, oggling me.

" The last time I heard that statement I ended up being slapped," I retorted whilst I checked myself in the mirror.

" You know what tonight is not about gaining anyone's attention. It's about you having the time of your life. So no thoughts about Alan," She chastised before she adjusted my jeans, making my ass stick out.

" My ass look huge in this thing, can't I change the down," I asked twirling around to check my butt in the mirror.

" You look fine, stop picking up non existing faults and let's go hun," she stated before getting out of the door with me close behind.

*****
We got to the jam and music was booming with people standing in pairs with others in group. Some drinking others smoking. The atmosphere was hot already and Irene kept pushing through the crowds trying to find her friends.

We finally found them sitting on the hood of a car and Irene waved towards them. They started making excited noise the moment they spotted us and Irene rushed over to them to hug them.

" Hail Mary is that you, how come you are here," Nancy asked in a surprised tone after the hug.

" Leave the girl alone," Irene chastised
and playfully hit Nancy's arm to make her drop the issue since she could sense I was a bit uncomfortable.

I continued to hung around with them feeling out of place as they smoke and drink and made jokes I didn't even find funny.

" Hey Angie can I speak with you for a moment," Alan voice brought me out of my thought as I turned to see his disturbed face.

" The girl ain't going anywhere with you," Irene shot back.

" I wasn't talking to you," Alan snapped back.

" Nobody is going anywhere with your lady beater ass," Irene hurled back and the rest of the girls just starred confused about the situation at hand.

"What did you say to me?" Alan dared Irene to repeat herself .

" I said...,"I didn't let Irene complete her sentence before I interjected.

" Irene I have got this. Will be back soon," I informed Irene with a pleading look before getting down from the hood of the car to pull Alan somewhere to talk.
******
"What is it? " I questioned with my hands folded in front of me when we got to the parking lot which was relatively quiet compared to the Jam grounds.