Chapter Twenty-five

Damien's Pov

The frantic cry of Angie made my heart lap out. The thought of her being in danger crippling me momentarily.

" Cancel every damn meeting," I instructed my secretary in urgency before quickly heading out of the building whilst she looked on in confusion.

" Sir where are we heading to," the driver asked when he saw me striding towards the car.

" Nowhere! Just hand me the car keys," I stated harshly stretching my hand to signal him to put them in, which he did timidly.

I rushed over to the driver side and drove out at rapid speed, my mind racing with negative thoughts about the safety of Angie.The car tyres making a screeching sound as a reaction to the reckless driving and the impact of the gravels.

My phone ringing with an emergency number blinking on the display screen made me bring the car to a halt  to pick the call.

" Your wife has been admitted at our hospital and as her guardian we need your permission to perform a cesarian section on her," The hospital worker declared the moment I picked the call.

" Just do whatever you can to save  her. I will be over in a minute. What hospital is that again?" I asked.

" Living waters," she replied and I ended the call afterwards, my heart rate stabilising at the thought of her being in safe hand.

*******
They handed me numerous documents to sign in concern with Angie's health care whilst I paced outside  the theatre room afterwards, loosening my tie and removing my coat as I suddenly felt hot from too much movement and anticipation .

" What the hell are you doing here mum?" I questioned in annoyance the moment I saw my mother heading my way.

" I heard about Angie and I wanted to make sure she was alright," she calmly said, trying to take my hand.

" Don't pretend like you care about her. I just gave you a simple task to take care of her and you left her on her own," I angrily said, making her flinch.

" Damien let me explain," she said in a sickening sweet voice.

" I'm not about to listen to any of your lies. Pray that she and the baby comes out alright," I replied, my hands shakily slightly in anger, whilst I take a step back when she tried to touch me again. " Don't fucking touch me," I breathed out.

" Son please, I didn't leave her," she pleaded tears running down her face.

"Angie told me you did and you know the girl doesn't even have a single tendency to lie," I retorted, her crocodile tears pissing me off.

" She is trying to turn you against me,"she continued to cry whilst I looked on with zero pity. I was done with her manipulating behaviour.

"Angie's guardian," the doctor came out announcing whilst we rushed to his side.

"She just delivered a baby girl and they are both out of danger zone. But since she was a premature child, the baby is an incubator now," he continued to explain and I was relieved and super excited about being a dad.

" Can I see them now?" I enthusiastically asked and the doctor nodded giving his permission, before patting my back to congratulate me.

I made my way towards the ward where Angie was admitted, my mum following close behind.

" Don't even think of following me!" I turned to look at her when I reached the ward.

" I want to see my grandchild," she insisted whilst I gave her a cold stare.

" I don't want to stress Angie out with your presence so go home. If she says is alright for you to see our child, then you come," I told her in a mean firm tone.

" You haven't even listen to my story and you are already choosing sides," she stubbornly replied.

" She is my wife and my responsibility to protect, so her safety first," I told her in a matter of fact tone making her grimace.

" I'm your mother and you have to  trust and protect me too," she retorted  getting teary eye.

" Not when you are a threat to my family," I stated in my defense.

" I'm your family too and you are all I got since your dad is no more. So don't let that woman get between us," she stated calmly, taking my hand in hers.

" I love that woman mum, more than am willing to admit. So you better start treating her right, if you don't want to lose me," I heatedly replied whilst her face instantly became pale, my confession not sitting well with her. " Go home! will contact you when I need you," I told her before opening the door and getting in, not waiting for her reply.

I entered the ward to see Angie peaceful form.  I approached her and run my hands gently through her hair before bending down to plant a firm kiss on her forehead. I knew I had a whole lot of begging to do when she woke up.

" Sir will you like to see your daughter now?," A nurse came in to ask, drawing my attention away from Angie.

" Lead the way," I replied following her to the incubator room. The sight of my daughter made my heart lap with joy. She looked vulnerable yet beautifully breath taking. Then and there I knew she had stolen my heart. I leaned against the machine gazing lovingly at her cute form, soundly asleep.

" What name should we write on her birth form sir," she asked snapping me out of daze.

" Divine," I replied, the only way I could describe the effect of my  daughter's presence at the moment.
" Divine Kingston," I repeated and the nurse nodded, scribing on the sheet.

" Beautiful name," she said with a warm smile before heading out, leaving me alone with my daughter.

There and then I promised myself to give my all to become a great father to this amazing being I helped create.

A/N Is short I know. It would have been a long chapter but I decided to   break it into two. I promise to update the next chapter  tomorrow.