Twenty-nine

" Shall we proceed with the meeting?" She uttered taking some files from the guy who seems to be her assistant.

" And who are you?" I questioned in a challenging tone

" A 30% shareholder," she spat giving me mocking grin whilst my brow crease in a frown, confused about how she became a shareholder.

" I'm Miss Davis, the new investor you were expecting," she clearified when she noticed my look.

" Son of a bitch," I muttered, my jaw clenching in anger, whilst the others turned to look at me,oblivious to the tension in the room.

" Is there any problem Mr Kingson," Angie asked in a fake sweet voice. Her innocent facade in place.

" let's begin," I stated afterwards trying to maintain a cool exterior and paying no heed to her question.

The meeting draged on for about two hours before it finally came to end. Angie surprisingly making meaningful contributions and suggestions. I was impressed but wasn't about to admit that to anyone, not even myself.

I signalled my secretary over to get the files after the meeting. I noticed Angie at the corner of my eye trying to establish connection with the other share holders. I didn't trust her one bit.  I continued to watch her as she hand over her card to them. They were smiling and quickly warming up to her and I didn't like it one bit.

I left the board room and headed to the security room, instructing them to show me clips from the board room. I watched closely as Angie whisper something into her assistant  ears before he took off right after the others left, leaving Angie alone in the board room.

She walked over to the side facing the outside world, looking over the city with a wistful look on her face. I watch her brace herself like she was trying to keep warm. Before she turned her head looking straight into the camera as if she could see me. The wistful look replaced with a determined one before she stride out with firm steps.

" Disconnect the camera in the elevator!" I commanded before quickly heading out towards the corridor hoping to catch her before she got to the elevator.

I used my hand to prevent the elevator door from closing when she stepped in.  Her gaze hardened when she saw me , but my confidence skyrocketed when I saw her hands were slightly trembling and she tried to keep it steady by holding unto her bag.

She coolly pressed the ground-floor button and stood facing the elevator door ignoring my presence.

" What are you doing here?" I questioned after a few second of managing my anger level.

" Came for the meeting," she nonchalantly replied.

" Don't act dumb with me. You know what am talking about!" I coldly stated not wanting to raise my voice.

" Enlighten me," she replied still refusing to look my way.

" Why you back to this country, to this city?" I questioned putting both hands into my pocket and pressing my back against the elevator walls, to prevent myself from closing the gab between us.

"Mmmm ...simple. To run this company and to get my daughter back," she responded after awhile, pretending as if she was thinking things through.

" Don't you dare play with me," I loose control of myself at the mention of my daughter and took hold of her hand and roughly pushed her against the wall, making her gulped in suprise.

"Let go of me," she whispered harshly and tried to free her hand  after we stood silently staring  heatedly at each other.

"Don't come near my daughter. She thinks you are dead and is going to remain that way," I warned her squeezing her  wrist to drive my point home.

" I don't know the kind of perception you  have about me, but I'm not the innocent girl you used to know any more. Guess what? I'm about to make your life a living hell," She spat out, our breaths mixing together since we were just inches apart, her expression cold and unreadable.

" You will regret it," I calmly stated and released my hold on her. I  pressed the nearest floor number and got  out of the elevator, just to avoid  loosing control and strangling her.

***
I went back to my mum's place right after work, still mad at today's turn of event.

" Hi mum," I greeted the moment I got in, and removed  my coat as one one the maids rushed over to get it.

"Are you alright son," she asked the moment she saw me.

" How on earth did the investor turned out to be Angie?" I asked, blood draining from my mum's face
instantly. " Is there something you are not telling me?" I questioned further when I sensed she was hiding something.

" Son don't be mad at me," she started to plead.

" What did you do this time around?" I asked her eyes turning blurry with tears.

" I sold the 30% of my shares ," she muttered, my hand beginning to shake in anger.

" How could you mum?" I screamed furious and disappointed.

" I didn't know it was your Angie and I needed the money to settle some legal issues," she defended.

" You should have talked to me. This wasn't a simple decision to take on your own,dammit" I punched the wall getting beside myself.

" I'm so sorry, " she began to cry getting on my last nerve.

"Daddy?" I heard the soft voice of Divine call out as  I began to make my way out of the house to calm my nerves.

"Grandma why are you crying?" she asked climbing down the stairs holding her teddy bear in one hand and a white sheet in the other.

"Baby is nothing, grandma is not feeling well," she responded when she reached us.

"Daddy why did you scream at her when she is not feeling well?" She asked looking at me with her big beautiful brown eyes.

" Come here," I lifted her off the ground.

" Daddy is very angry with grandma because she did something really really bad," I explained as much as I could to her.

"Forgive her then,"she stated looking at her grandma with pity.

" I have honey, but grandma needs to rest. So go take your bag and let's go home," I instructed before putting her down.

I noticed her clutching something as she began to climb the stairs to get her stuff.

I told my mum to back off when she tried to hold me, before she rushed to her room still in tears. This woman and her drama.
***
"Cupcake what's that in your hand?" I asked when she came back with her bag, one of the maids holding her hand.

"Huh?" She tried playing dumb and made an attempt to hide it behind her back.

"Let me see that," I instructed and she shook her head no.

" Hand it to me," I firmly stated making her hand it over whilst she cower behind the maids back.

My hand began to shake as I saw Angie smiling down on me in the picture. Her skin flawless and her teeth pearly white. Innocent devil.

" Where did you get this picture?" I asked gently taking her away from the maid whilst a lone tear run down her left cheek.

" Is that really my mummy?" she pointed at the picture and questioned with innocent curiosity making my heart instantly get heavy with pain.