Chapter 26

Katelyn's Pov:

             I hit enter for the hundredth time on the search menu. Without further information on my siblings, it was becoming infinitely more stressful to find them. The machine often asked for blood samples when I tried to click the links on my own search, but none of my sisters could currently provide blood sources.

My real dad was watching intently as I worked with the device. I could tell that he was just as upset that the tablet couldn't find any further information as I was. I hit search again and again, even though I knew it was the very definition of insanity. My dictionary had taught me that. The image of the old book filled my mind.

             I hit search for the millionth time and sighed sadly as another for the most part blank file came up. Savannah walked in right as I got mad and went to throw it across the room.

             The tablet flew past my dad and Savannah caught it telepathically drawing it near to herself. She heaved a sad sigh shaking her head.

"No luck I'm guessing." She passed the tablet to Budgie who happily shot out of the muggy, anger filled the room.

"What do you think Vannah!" I screamed my response but she calmly glanced over at my father.

"Are you aware of the levels of internet connection?" Her question was directed solely at him.

"The four levels, Internet before the oil crisis was the third. Today's technology barely reaches a level three, but it's only a level two by standards."

"Correct, my dad found a method to improve these methods." She smiled smugly a knowing look on her face.

"Improve? You mean he furthered the levels of connection." My father asked his head tilted to the side, wait my father knew Savannah's father?

"Exactly! My dad created a fourth and fifth level. The fourth level runs a series of tests off of things like DNA and other cell data, that tablet was a level four."

"No wonder the technology seemed so advanced, but what about the level five?" My father asked ecstatically as Budgie carried a small metal box into the kitchen. Savannah took the box and gently patted his fluffy head. The box looked similar to the vehicle we came in.

Savannah set it down on the ground and pushed a button. She then took a step back as the box transformed into a large platform. The platform was surrounded by monitors and a holographic image showed up on the flat surface.

"You have activated test engine 148, how might I be of assistance." The hologram spoke in an almost human voice. My father's mouths opened in shock and I knew that mine was currently mirroring his. The man standing before us looked so realistic.

"Well, you haven't exploded yet." Was all Savannah said as she leaned forward and pressed a couple buttons

" Was all Savannah said as she leaned forward and pressed a couple buttons

A/N:

              Anyone ever heard of the song "world on fire?" Look it up!

              Before you go searching YouTube please stop and give this chapter a vote and/or comment!

Dee☺️