Prologue

Savannah's POV:

"Tell your mother I love her, take care of our family," Dad whispered lower then normal ears could hear. A bullet shot past my face temporarily blurring my 360-degree vision.

"You can tell her that yourself!" I countered while trying to get closer to him. The open front door which separated us was a reminder of the people with guns just outside. Dad shook his head as he lifted his hand from the open wound on his stomach.

"No go on ahead Vannah, I'll catch up to you guys," Dad promised with his favourite lopsided grin. I tried to pull him over to me with my telekinesis, but another round of bullets was fired through the open doorway. My telekinesis failed and sent me flying backwards.

"I'm not leaving without you daddy!" I wailed again as my attempt at using powers was intercepted once more by the people outside. I could see their shadows beginning to land on the cement porch of our cottage.

"Listen to me, they want you and your other siblings for your powers, not me. Leave while you still can!" Dad begged as a little drop of bloody saliva tumbled off his chin into the pool of blood on mom's clean wooden floor. I flinched slightly as he said, other siblings.

"I'll find him dad, and I'll find you I promise," I swore as I crawled back towards the open door to the basement, and the secret garage where our method of escape waited.

"I love you princess." He mouthed as I began to shut the door. Another dribble of blood escaped as he went limp against the wall he had been leaning. His proud blue eyes lost there shine as he slowly closed them and released a contented sigh. As I locked the door behind me there was no longer any sound of his light breathing.

I ran down the stairs and climbed into the driver's side of my father's old-fashioned car. With a flick of a switch, it shifted its motors and took off soaring towards the exit to the cavern.

"I'll keep my promise I swear." Words tumbled from my mouth as I curled up into the chair that my dad always sat in. Autopilot could drive Cara right now I had to take some time to think about all that had come to pass.

They're dead now, why don't I believe it?

A/N:

Welcome to the first chapter of the rewritten copy of Katelyn's Discovery. For those who read the old version, I am sorry you had to suffer through that chaotic mess.

All votes are greatly appreciated, and all comments good or bad are taken into account when I'm writing.

Feel free to release your inner grammar nazi, I do it all the time myself.

Dee☺️