cheater [3] ♛

you get to ethans house and before you're even done parking your car ethan runs out in his minion onesie and showers you with kisses.

"ethan-" you blushed smiling and pulling away.

"thank you so much for giving me a second chance" he cried.

"i didn't realize how much i actually needed you until you left with your friend" he frowned.

"awe ethan, i understand how you feel but you cheated on me.," you reminded him. you loved ethan so much, but he really betrayed your trust. if he didn't want to be with you, he could've told you. a heartbreak would've been better than a cheating heartbreak.

"but i love you.." he breathed out.

you closed your eyes and tried not to tear up. you wanted to take him back. really bad. but you knew you couldn't. maybe you'd cross paths again in the future but now, ethan was not ready to be in a relationship with you if he was kissing another girl, for months.

he was just as committed to another woman as he was to you. he was probably more committed to her than he was to you. he stood you up.

"im trying to understand that ethan. you "love" me but you stood me up. you were with another girl. and for months too?"

at this point you couldn't hold in the tears. they poured down your face but you didn't make any crying sounds. you kept your cool.

"y/n please.. i'll be better" ethan begged as he held onto your hands. he gripped on them tightly but ever so gently.

"be better first ethan, but right now i think it's best we go out separate ways. it's clear you need to work on yourself.

ethan now was in a pool of tears. he cried gently and quietly. you could tell these were his real emotions, but you couldn't give in.

"i'm sorry ethan, maybe we can try again in the future. i'll see you around." you shrug.

you gripped his hand and removed it from yours. you began walking back to your car trying your hardest not to look back.

"y/n!" ethan yelled out. "please.."

at this point. it took you everything in your body not to turn around, but you kept your self together and got into your car and drove away.

it felt really terrible leaving ethan like that and on bad terms. but what else were you supposed to do? you stood your ground and stuck up for yourself. you deserved better. and that was not ethan. not the ethan you know now.

you sighed and wiped your tears. you turned on the radio and took your mind off of everything as you drove home.

you felt good. you felt guilt too but it was a guilt that was justified.

you were proud of yourself. you knew you deserved better. and if you stuck around with ethan knowing he did that now, it wouldn't look so pretty in the future.

you smiled. not because you were happy but because you finally realized your worth.

edit: okay so i originally had us going back to ethan. but it's been years since i originally wrote those i was like a preteen but now i'm a bit older and i have some morals 💪🏼 never go back to a cheating man. so i rewrote this.