Chapter 23

For those who want to read the rated R scenes but can't find them, you have to go onto my profile page. I swear they are there.

Chapter 23

            I woke to screams and cries. I opened my eyes seeing rock walls and a cell door. I knew instantly I was in a torture chamber cell. I noticed I was chained when I went to call for Sean. I must have completely lost it. Then I remembered McKayla was in the middle. I was angry with her and Alex. “Sean!” I yelled as the panic began to set in.

            Before I even finished his name he was there. “Where’s McKayla?”  My words were shaky, my nervousness was apparent. He hesitated not answering. “Is she alive?”  I asked with despair. His hesitation was driving me insane. I needed to know if she was okay.

            “Samantha, Brady and Jay are on their way down.”   Sean answered sounding upset and disappointed. I must have killed her.

            “Is he himself?”  I heard Jay ask Sean in the hallway outside my cell.

            “He’s asking where McKayla is and if she’s alive,” Sean responded.

            “Did you tell him?” Brady asked.

            “No,” Sean answered.

            “Well, get ready.  He’s going snap again.”  I heard Samantha as they were coming in view of my cell doors.

            “Did I kill her?”  I asked ashamed of myself.

            “No, but we should have let you. She‘s living in fear now,” Samantha answered.

            “Where is she?”  I asked. I needed to get to her.

            “She managed to get into Alex’s cell about a week ago and nobody can get her out,” Jay answered intensely watching me.

            “I’m fine. Let me go,” I said calmly. If I showed any emotions they wouldn‘t release me. I had to get McKayla out of Alex’s cell, but first I needed answers and I didn’t want them in here where others could hear.

            “King Ethan, you can’t go storming into Alex’s cell. We won’t let you. You’ll only make things worse,”  Brady said harshly.

            “If you’re that nervous, then chain my arms and legs and take me to my room. Either way, I need answers and I can’t get them down here.”  I was getting irritated with all the delay. My mentality was fine. They couldn’t hold me here any longer. “I have no intentions of going to Alex’s cell until I know what I am dealing with.” 

            Samantha nodded toward Sean. “Let him loose. No chains, we can’t pass prisoners with the king chained up.”

            Sean started unchaining eagerly. “The king is back, now we’ve got to get the queen,” he whispered.

            “Oh, we will. No doubt about that.”  I smiled back.

            “Walk out like nothing happened. The council and prison guards are the only ones that know about this. For all anyone else knows, you and McKayla could have been in your room making hot passionate love for the last week and a half,” Samantha said silently between the two of us, smiling conceitedly at the end.

            “Nice ending, Samantha,” I said rolling my eyes standing up. Samantha giggled.

            Another prison guard entered the room with a slayer from Bruce’s group. “I figured you’d be hungry and I thought one of these would be appropriate for the occasion.”  He tossed the terrified man my way. “He’s not so tough by himself.”  He snickered walking out of the cell.