Chapter 20

A section of McKayla's journal will be in the Rate R scenes.  It's an important section so I will put in bold only the info that is needed at the end of this chapter.  WARNING: The section I'm leaving out contains a brutal rape and torture.

10/26/2023

            I was dreaming again, Alex had Ethan cornered. He was laughing “enough is enough McKayla, this is what will happen if you don’t come to me.”  He lunged at Ethan, knocking him the ground, repeatedly hitting him in the face. I could see the blood covering Ethan’s face and pooling beneath him, he was weakening from the blood loss. Alex stood up, but Ethan was too weak to stand, he began kicking him in the stomach and groin. Alex turned to me, “no more games, now I end it.”  He turned back around and Ethan was full of strength and healed.

            I tried to run to him, but something stopped me, I couldn’t move. He began circling Alex never taking his eyes off of him. Alex stood still shocked. Suddenly Alex lunged at him and he disappeared and reappeared behind him, Alex flew into a cement wall that broke through the ground just in time. I heard his face break as it hit the wall hard. But when Alex stood up he was healed. He smiled mischievously at Ethan. Michael came flying past Ethan toward Alex, but he froze in midair. Alex lunged again, Ethan caught him by the throat slamming him into the ground. Ethan then picked him back up and tossed him into a wall behind Alexis that wasn’t there before. Next thing I knew I was in a cage with Alexis and Michael. Alex stood up brushing himself off, “You having fun yet?” he asked healed again. He was approaching Ethan again, but slowly this time.

            Ethan playfully smiled evilly “This is an old game to me. I used to play it all the time, but after a while it gets boring. I prefer reality.”    Alex’s smug smile turned angry. “Too chicken to take me on in the real world or do you have to pull MY family into this?”  He asked Alex emphasizing the word my. Instantly I was out of the cage and in front of Ethan he grabbed me up kissing me passionately in front of Alex. Alexis and Michael appeared on both side of Ethan, he hung his arms over their shoulders as I hung on to him. Alex lunged with anger toward us, I held on to Ethan for protection, but Alex never made it to us. I turned around and  he was gone. I slipped into a peaceful dreamless sleep.

            I woke up early watching Ethan. He was already behind his desk working and I didn’t want to upset him, but I wanted him near me. “Ethan?” I asked quietly.

            “Yes?”  He asked back smiling, and listening to me.

            “Thank you.”  I said hoping he would come to the bed by me.

            “Anytime baby. Can I come by you?”   I felt the excitement rise in me, I didn’t have to ask. He wanted to be by me.

            “Please.”  I said trying not to beg.

            “Alexis, Michael?”  He asked them, and they nodded their heads yes.

            He slowly made his way to the bed, I waited impatiently. He stopped at the foot of the bed smiling and looking down at me. I couldn’t wait anymore, I wanted to be in his arms. I moved forward, but the chains were back on and stopped me just shy of him. I couldn’t get any closer, and he was teasing me, by just standing there smiling. I tried to break the chains but I couldn’t. He started snickering as he climbed up on the bed, pulling me back toward the pillows. He laid down on his back and I curled up next to  using his chest as a pillow and falling back to sleep.

            I woke to being dropped onto the bed. I sat up in panic. Thinking Alex must be here, I frantically search the room for him or Ethan. Then Ethan appeared by my side. I heard Serena speak, “Annabelle and the slayers will be there tomorrow. Why don’t you take the night off?  Spend it with your family.”  All of this was because he was late. I laid back down, he was the king. He could be three days late and it wouldn’t matter.