Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I was balancing my checkbook eyeing the twin girls cowering in the corner. I liked them, their adrenaline is inviting. I couldn’t control myself, I had to have more, but this time I left them conscious. They add a good accent to my room. I think I may buy them and I kind of want to keep them here. A couple of pets for McKayla, who was all of a sudden crouching on the bed about to lounge at them. “McKayla,” I said in a low stern voice. I got her attention and quite quickly at that. Her eyes were glowing red embers burning into me. I distracted a predator from her prey. “McKayla I just fed on them, you can’t take anymore.” Her eyes were shifting back and forth between me and the girls. “It’s the adrenaline you want, McKayla and I’ve got it in me.” I tried coaxing her attention away from the terrified girls. This wasn’t a good situation. She was much closer to them than me. The girls’ consciousness was a mystery, they should have passed out by now. They lost too much blood, anymore could kill them. I raised my finger slicing my bare chest. McKayla turned her crouch to me. I sighed in relief, she lunged at me instead.

I heard a quiet purr as she tasted their blood in me. I chuckled lightly rubbing her back with one hand, going back to my checkbook.

Her pull weakened and she licked my wound closed, I was impressed. She has never done that before. I felt my skin stitching itself back together as she pulled away. Within a couple blinks her emerald green eyes were back. Blood dripped down her lower lip, of course I licked it away, but before leaving her lips I whispered teasingly, “you shouldn’t waste adrenaline like that.” I gave her a quick, soft kiss, and then pushed her away.

Her hurt reaction made me smile. “Go wash up, you’ve got mascara running down your face and your hair is a sticky mess.” She huffed off to the bathroom, stopping for only a moment to once more eye up the terrified girls.

I was examining the girls, turning their heads side to side while McKayla was in the shower. Their skin was covered in grime and filth. Their hair was matted, greasy and thinned from lack of nutrition. They had dark circles under their eyes from lack of sleep and blood. Their necks were bruised, obviously from vicious bits. I found bit marks through out their bodies and I didn’t want to know what was under their clothing. They were definitely under feed, I could feel their ribs. Their hip, chest and collar bones stuck out. All they were here for was theft. McKayla walked out of the bathroom as I was carefully trying not to cut the last girl‘s face as I ran the back of fingers down the side to calm her.

“Can I have them?” I could see the sympathy on McKayla’s face as she asked.

I smiled at her, almost laughing. Not only minutes ago was she going to lunge at them. I decided to have fun. “How are you going to buy them?”

“You promised me an allowance a long time ago, after I became queen.” She smiled thinking she was cunning. I couldn’t believe she remembered that, but I’ll go with it.

“It would take you five weeks to save up for them, and then you’d have to feed them. Their twins, it makes them more expensive. Just to buy them is ten thousand and we agreed on twenty five hundred a week.” I smirked back, waiting her reply.

“I could feed them on twenty five hundred a week easily, and you could buy them for me as a crowning present.” She suggested.

“How would you pay for their cell?”

“How much is it?” She asked nervously.

“A grand a month, if you put them both in one cell. But that would be kind of inhumane, those cells are small.” I continued smiling.

“I could afford two cells and food for them.” She replied back a few seconds later. She really wanted them and she was really thinking this through.