Chapter 24

Chapter 23

            McKayla’s stare toward me was a mixture of hurt, betrayal, and horror. Alex smirked, and then did exactly what I knew he would do. He sent to Andrea exactly what he told McKayla years ago, “Andrea, honey calm down. It’s only lust. There’s no love.”   

            McKayla snapped out of her statue like state and started to fight against him. He slowly began raising her dress up her thigh, while holding her tightly around the small of her back with his other arm. Within a flash he had her up against a wall, using the wall to barricade her. Tears started trickling down McKayla’s face, Edna’s spell worked. He began caressing her thigh, while kissing her neck working his way up to her lips. Just as he was about to reach her trembling lips, I yanked his arm, twisting him around.

            “You didn’t actually think I’d let you f*ck her, did you?”  I chuckled menacingly in Alex’s face. “McKayla, get behind the council.”  I waited for McKayla to move, but she was frozen in fear, shock, and confusion. “Ah guys, a little help here. She’s not moving on her own,” I shouted cocky to my stunned council. I’ll have to remember next time to include them in on my plans.

            Eric stepped forward like a robot, taking McKayla’s stiffened body moving backwards to the council. Am I really that unpredictable to cause a whole room to be stunned?  Even Alex was stunned, which was ruining my fun. I grabbed Alex by the throat and slammed him up against the wall with his feet dangling above the ground. That pulled the room out of their trance. I heard a quiet commotion behind me. “Who moved?”   I asked Jay.

            “Andrea,” he said, laughing through his thoughts.

            “Did McKayla see?”  I wanted McKayla to witness the connection between Andrea and Alex to know there was more than lust between the two of them.

            “Oh yeah, she saw,” Jay said laughing again, except this time his laugh was very cunning and entertained.

            As he answered me, I heard her distinctive hiss directly behind me. Listening for a heartbeat, I reached behind me, clutching the neck that belonged to that heartbeat. I whipped the owner of the heartbeat up against the wall with my other hand. Both my hands were taken up. “McKayla, sweetie, I got her now. Get back behind the council,” I directed as nicely as I could. I was glad she was taking my side, but I didn’t need her assistance, that’s what the council was here for. She appeared by my side. Hissing and showing her two tiny little fangs at Alex. Alex tensed, his eyes were fixed on McKayla. As much as I wanted to let her have him, I had a whole room full of enemies behind us.

     “McKayla, as cute as I find your little fangs, now is not the time to be showing them off,” I said sweetly. “Get back behind the council, now,” I finished sternly. She actually obeyed.

            “Brady, watch McKayla. Jay’s obviously finding her too entertaining to watch her right now.” I sent to the whole council irritated with Jay.

             “The butler’s saying the kids are home,” Serena mumbled surprised.

            “What are the kids doing home?” I said. Mostly thinking Serena or Brady would have the answer, but they didn’t.

            “Early release, third quarter ends today.”  I heard from the other side.

            “You know Emma you really did make a good school secretary, until you gave my number out,” I said. This wasn’t ending the way I wanted it to.