Chapter 8: Leo Gets Jealous of Apollo's Teeth

As I was standing there, Leo suddenly woke up and opened his eyes.

"Bro, I saw the statue over there move and it had yellow eyes!" Leo pointed towards the corner where it once stood. A look of confusion spread through his face. "Or at least, I thought... It said you were a demigod or something. He said one of your parents was a god."

I looked at Leo and blinked. "I actually have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe it was a dream. You were out for pretty long."

Leo looked at me seriously, then burst out laughing. "You're a terrible liar, you know that?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" I was befuddled. Leo took his phone and snapped a picture of my face. He showed it to me. I looked like a ridiculous, blonde moose.

"That. That is the face of a terrible liar. Oh, I am totally going to Tweet this," Leo chuckled. I looked at his phone.

"@hotbadboysupreme? THAT'S your Twitter username?" I shook my head and laughed.

"What? @sexyleovaldez was taken!" he exclaimed. I looked at his feed, which were mostly jokes, puns, and hot girls. Leo saw my face and instantly started to make fun of me.

"They're hot, aren't they?" Leo winked at me. I looked away from his phone and instantly shook my head.

"Uh uh." Leo waved his finger. "Naughty Grace. You were looking at the bumps and curves!" Leo tried to copy the look on my face and failed horribly. "You like boo-"

"Shut up." My face was as red as a tomato.

"Don't worry, all boys are like that. Trust me." Leo winked at me. "At least we know for sure you're not a girl."

"Shut up, Valdez," I said as I nudged him in the chest.

People started to come into the classroom.

"Finally! Drama class is starting!" Leo rolled his eyes. "I thought this time would never come!" His eyes darted across the room. "Where's the teacher?"

A shadow peered across the classroom. Thunder rolled in the background as a shaggy guy who looked like Santa Claus walked in the room.

"I'm your Drama teacher. The god of the sky. Zeus." Santa Claus smiled. I have to admit, that was a pretty lame entrance.

A familiar guy walked through the door behind Zeus.

"And I'm Mr. Fred, his assistant!" the guy grinned.

"Hey! Weren't you the art teacher earlier?" I piped up. "Apollo, wasn't it?"

He grinned. "Yeah, I'm a triple threat Arts teacher. You'll see me later teaching dance," Apollo winked at me. He shook his hips and did a pivot turn. I heard someone murmur in the background, "He's hot."

"Well, I like to think of myself as the god of the sun." Apollo smiled. His teeth were as white as snow. Some of the girls bit their lip towards him.

"Yeah, Grace. I use Crest Scope as toothpaste. That's why my teeth are so white and sparkly," he grinned again. Leo scoffed.

"I use Crest Scope, and my teeth are never as white as that. You actually look like a real god," Leo mumbled.

"Well, I might be," Apollo mumbled.

"What?" Leo raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing. Are ya jelly, Valdez?" Apollo smirked at Leo. Leo just rolled his eyes. "Show-off." Apollo ignored the comment.

"Uh, let's just get back to Drama, shall we?" Zeus piped up. "You can show off your teeth some other time."

Apollo grinned. "Yeah, sure. My muscles are next." He winked at a girl, who looked like she was going to genuinely faint.

"Our lesson today is going to be about Greek Mythology. Now, does anyone know anything about Greek Gods?" Zeus glanced at Apollo.

I raised my hand. "Yeah, I know a thing or two. My mom would often tell me bedtime stories about the god of the chariots and-" I glanced at Apollo. "And your description fits the profile..."

Apollo looked at me like he pitied me. "You think I'm so hot, I'm an actual God."

I ignored his comment and looked at Santa Claus. "And you, Zeus," I rolled my eyes. "You'd fit his description well enough, if you weren't so chubby."

Zeus's eyes lit up. "You'd better watch what you say, demigod." The class freaked. He turned towards the class. "No need to worry, class, everything's perfectly fine." His eyes turned back to normal.

There was that word again: Demigod.

I decided to dismiss his comment and pointed my finger at him. "Odd coincidence that your name is Zeus..."

Zeus stared at me with a blank face. "Uh, my name isn't really Zeus. I'm Mister, uh,"

"BEAN!" Apollo piped up.

"So, you have the same name as Rowan Atkinson? Interesting," Leo giggled.

"Yes. Exactly. What you said," Zeus snapped. "Now, let's get back on track, shall we?"

Zeus grabbed a pile of books with very old transcript. Half of the bookcovers were orange and the other half was purple. He separated them into their proper colors.

Zeus turned towards us.

"If you prefer the colour purple, line up to the purple books. Whoever prefer orange, line up there."

I preferred purple, so I lined up to the purple books.

"See ya bro. I prefer orange," Leo lined up to the orange books.

As I got to the front of the purple book line, I started to read seamlessly.

"Wait... This is Latin. This can't be English," I raised my eyebrow towards Apollo, who just shrugged.

Leo grinned. "Hey! It's easier for me to read this now! Is this in English or something because I feel like it's not." I glanced and took a look at his orange book. The letters were a little hazy, but it was slightly easier to read than English.

"This looks like Greek," I squinted.

Leo looked surprised. "Man, I didn't know I was good language guy."

"Valdez, you're not a linguist," I pointed at him.

He frowned. "Way to burst my bubble, dude."

"What I don't get is how we both have ADHD and I can read Latin and you can read Greek..." I scratched my chin and glanced at Apollo, who just nervously shrugged. "Are you sure you have nothing to do with this?"

"Nah. I think it's just natural for you guys," Apollo smiled nervously.

There was a long awkward silence until Zeus, or Mister Bean, (whatever) broke the silence. I honestly do NOT feel calling him Mister Bean, I'm gonna call him Zeus because it actually sounds better.

"This is just a coincidence. See, our lesson is about Greek Gods, so why not 'act' like one? My name isn't really Zeus, don't worry. I'm actually Jupi- My name is Juan." Zeus cleared his throat. "And I'm the Juan you need." Zeus (or Juan, or whatever his name really is), winked and chuckled to himself. Apollo was looking at him awkwardly.

"Dad. DAD. You're embarrassing me," Apollo murmured.

"Wait. Did I hear right? DAD?!!" I turned towards Apollo, who just looked at me with a half-smile on his face.

"Yeah. I'm ACTING here. What in the name of Zeus is acting about? Pretending!" Apollo chuckled. "My name is actually Mr. Fred Rogers, but you can call me Mr. Fred."

"Then where's your teddy?" Leo joked. "Or did you finally realize you were too old for them?"

The class burst out laughing, and Apollo flushed red.

"You're a joker, aren't you? Hmm. I wouldn't expect that from a son of Hephaestus," Apollo scratched his chin. "His kids are usually more... serious."

"Don't question my annoyingness, little miss sunshine," Leo smirked. Apollo rolled his eyes.

Zeus cleared his throat. "Now, class. When I say "GO!" , you are going to split yourselves into groups of five. In your groups, you are going to re-enact Paris and the Golden Apple."

He paused, then screamed, "GO!"