Chapter 16: Beauty Queen

Reyna immediately shoved me away.

"Um, guys? What are you doing?" Will asked, looking confused.

"N...nothing, don't worry. Jason and I were just talking. Right?" Reyna said, glaring at me.

"Yeah. Nothing to worry about, Will!" I said, while forcing a smile. "I, uh, guess, I'll see you two later?"

"Yeah... Suuuure, Jason. Just don't play with my girl." Will glanced at me and walked away, hand in hand with Reyna. She looked back at me with a pleading look. I wanted to grab her right out of Will's arms, but obviously that would be rude. Naturally, I walked in the opposite direction.

I checked my watch. 8:13 AM. I still had plenty of time before classes start.

Just then, I saw Piper McLean running in my direction. I don't think I've ever seen her this hot before (which was saying a lot).

Piper was wearing a tattered pink dress and running shoes. Her hair was a mess, but the feather on her hair was fluffed up to perfection.

Beautiful.

But then, my dreams from last night just HAD to ruin it. I was now imagining Piper McLean completely naked. I tried not to stare at her breasts and curves. I smacked my head.

Jason Grace. You are one stupid little nut.

Piper looked at me like a normal girl would if a guy was staring at her boobs. I immediately looked away.

Damn it, Jason. Damn you.

Luckily, Piper recovered quickly from that... She was back to being herself in no time.

"So... Your dad is Tristan McLean?" I said, desperately trying to actually make conversation with her.

"Yeah... He's a movie star," Piper looked down at her shoes.

"That's pretty awesome," I said, while grabbing her hand.

"Yeah, I guess my dad's pretty cool," she agreed. We locked eyes a little bit too long. I cleared my throat to break the silence.

"So..." I murmured, twiddling my thumbs.

"So..." Piper tapped her wrist, as if waiting for something to happen.

"Beauty Queen..." I murmured.

"What?" She asked me.

"Nothing," I responded.

There was more silence. I wished something would happen.

And something did. The bell rang. Finally.

"I, uh, I'd better get to History," I said, walking in one direction.

"And I need to get to Science," Piper said, walking the other way.

While I was walking through the hallway, I bumped into Leo.

"Whoa, bro. Watch where you're going!" Leo rolled his eyes at me. Then, Leo bumped into Reyna.

"Hey, girl. Do you wanna do the macareyna with me?" Leo winked at Reyna and bit his lip. Will came from behind and grabbed Reyna's arm and dragged her away.

As I walked to music class, I saw Reyna sitting down in one of the seats. Will was right beside her. I decided to sit next to Reyna on the other side.

I leaned towards her and whispered, "We have history, Reyna, and I'm not ready to give that up just yet."

Reyna shoved me away and shushed me. She looked at Will, and just shrugged.

"I'm your best friend, Reyna. Come on, please!" I pleaded. I saw Reyna hesitate, but she just ignored me.

Just then, the history teacher turned towards us. And of all people, it had to be her.

Piper's mom.

Well, it looked like Piper's mom, but there were slight differences in her appearance. For instance, this woman looked more regal, and slightly less mysterious. However, both she and Piper's mom looked equally beautiful. The woman looked at me and smiled.

I wanted to scold her for being so awful for her daughter, but I couldn't. She looked gorgeous. Honestly, there were no other words to describe her. She was simply gorgeous.

Anyway, enough with the descriptions, I've already described her a while back... So, she turned towards the class and waved.

"Hello, Jason Grace!" she said, grinning.

Her voice... It was so beautiful... And perfect.

It took all of my willpower, but I was able to ignore her.

Then, a buff man walked into the classroom.

The man was wearing black jeans, combat boots, a leather duster, and muscle shirt with a bulletproof vest, and an iron padlock necklace. He was wearing a red tinted wraparound sunglasses. In a way, the man was kind of handsome and good looking, even with all the scars on his cheeks. He was so tall that even I had to look up just to see his face. Lastly, he had an oiled crew cut.

Piper's mom put her hand around the buff guy.

"Hello, class. I'm Venus Aphrodite Formosa, but you can call me Venus or Aphrodite, whichever name you feel more comfortable with. I will be teaching you all history!"

I scratched my chin, then rose my hand.

"Yes, Jason," Venus pointed at me. I lowered my hand.

"Umm, doesn't formosa mean beautiful in Latin?" I asked.

"Why, yes. Extra marks to Jason!" Venus clapped her hands.

Then, it hit me. Like, literally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

I'm sorry, I just watched Doctor Who and it's fucking 2:19 in the morning so I don't know what the hell I just wrote. And, also, I broke a waterbottle. (that was totally not necessary, but at the same time, it kind of was.) Forgive me, okay?

Guys guys GUYS guess what comes next? We ALLLL know you know what comes next.

(Hint: the love triangle gets more complicated...)

Say it with me now BRASON. BRAAAAASON.