Chapter 1: Love at First Sight

I'm late. I totally forgot that today's my first day of high school. I quickly packed my bag, ate my breakfast, brushed my teeth, combed my hair, and left.

As I was rushing through the hallway, I passed by this girl. I knew she was the one for me.

She was naturally beautiful, but she wasn't too skinny. She wasn't wearing any make-up. Her eyes shimmered, like a rainbow blasting out its' vivid colors. Her nose was perfectly shaped, not too round, not too pointy. Her teeth shone brightly, as white as snow. And she smelled amazing. Not like perfume, more like a shampoo with a really good scent. Her hair was messy, but that was a big turn-on for me. There was a feather topped beautifully on her hair, like the cherry you'd find on a cake. Basically, she just looked like an angel. Here was my dream girl walking right by me, and I was standing around like an idiot just staring at her. I couldn't just let her walk away, so I ran up to her (considering how late I was already).

"Hey. What's your name?" I asked nervously.

"I'm Piper. Piper McLean." Piper fixed her hair to one side. Her eyes met with mine, and I was forcing myself not to blush.

"I'm Jason Grace," I said. We looked at each other a little bit too long. Some guy threw some big, heavy textbooks to me. That was enough to snap me back to reality. I wanted to punch the guy, but I looked at my watch: 8:45 AM. I was so late. My classes started at 8:30.

I turned towards Piper and brushed my hair to one side.

"I guess, I'll― see you again some other time," I stuttered. I waved good-bye and rushed off to Latin, my first class.

Normally, I was quite confident when I talked to girls. But, Piper McLean. She was something else. She was, well, gorgeous. There were no other words to describe it. Piper McLean was my perfect girl, and I'm determined to make her mine.