Chapter 26: Day of Recovery

#Callie's P.O.V#
I wake up to see Amelia in my arms.

What is she doing here?

But soon, all of the memories come rushing back. The fact that we had to rush back, her mom dying, her having to stay with us... I feel so bad for her.

I gently move her off my chest, and grab my crutches, since, you know, I have a broken leg.

I get dressed and do my hair, then go downstairs to get breakfast started. I want Amelia to start off good with the day.

That means: BACON!!

I look in the fridge, grabbing bacon and some other things for pancakes.
I start cooking, and soon hear light footsteps.

I turn around and see Lizzie standing there. She smiles.

"I want to make Amelia a good breakfast, can you help me?" I ask, smiling back.

"Sure!" She says, walking over to me. She puts the bacon on a pan while I start to make the pancake mix.

A little while later, we're done, and Joel has joined us. I *try* to go upstairs, but it's pretty hard using crutches. I finally achieve my goal, and get into my room, that I am now sharing with Amelia.

I slowly open the door, and see Amelia sitting up with a tear stained face, scrolling through her phone.

I go over to her, and tap her shoulder. She jumps, then wipes the tear stains. "Y-yeah?" She tries to smile, but it fades quickly.

"Lizzie and I made some breakfast, just for you." I say, smiling. She gives me a little smile, then stands up and gives me a peck on the lips.

We go downstairs and start eating. Once we're done, Joel and Amelia compliment us on how good it was.

"Thank you." I say, hugging Joel then Amelia.

We go back upstairs and I check twitter. I haven't been on it on a few days. I checked my mentions, and there were 99+

'Lol, heard you got hit by a car, why didn't you die? It would've been better for us all.'

'Hot by a car, and not dead, wow, that driver really missed his chance.'

'Die in a hole.'

'You should've died.'

'Dieeeee'

'Do us all a favour, die.'

'Why do you exist. Nobody needs you, you worthless piece of trash.'

'You're broken. Nobody should have a broken kid, help them out and die.'

'Amelia should leave you. She's pretty stupid to be hanging around a piece of trash like you.'

'Hey, I feel bad about all of the tweets telling you to die... NOT!'

I had to stop. I couldn't read on. There could've been some nice ones, but o didn't want to read anymore mean ones.

I decide to take a break from my phone. "Amelia, want to see if we can all go to the mall?"

"Sure, that would be nice. I need some new clothes." She says.

We walk downstairs and find Lizzie and Joel, kissing.

"Okay, first, kind of gross, and second, can we go to the mall?" I say.