Sherlock X Reader - A Study in Love and Hate (Part 2)

"I'll try..." you whispered. While you may have been wrong about Sherlock hating you, you weren't sure that everyone else didn't hate you, either.
"It's not the same when it's just me," he supplied. "Lestrade says that I can go too far, without someone to reign me in..."
"I didn't mean it..." you muttered into his body, which was holding you back from hysterics.
"Mean what?"
"You can psycho-analyse me whenever. Just... I don't like hearing your findings about me..."
"It's okay, (Y/N), I should know that you don't want me to tell you all of this. It's not your fault. Like I was saying, Lestrade has told me plenty of times that I can go too far."
"No, I mean," you sighed. You could never find your words. "Feel free to notice this stuff. Just... if you write it for me... Like a little note to me to tell me what you think and some suggestions... Rather than just telling me... because, you know... umm..."
"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked, possibly the most sensitively that he's ever been around you. And he's usually really sensitive around you. You were too disoriented by your mixed emotions to shake or nod your head.
He pulled you both out of the hug, gently, and sat you on the small sofa that he will sometimes sleep on after a case, if he gets back really late, or had to disguise himself and sleep rough for a while. He had pulled you to the sofa by your hand. When you sat, you wouldn't - couldn't - let go of his hand. Instead, he held your hand in both of his, rather than trying to take his hand from you.
"What's troubling you, (Y/N)?" he asked, all the more sensitively.
You just about managed to find your words enough to try to throw him off the scent. "Hey, Sherlock, you're being sensitive. I knew you had it in you."
"No, I don't. It's just for you. It's only ever been for you. Now, talk to me. Tell me what's wrong," he replied, without missing a beat.
"What do you want me to say? Where do I begin?" you sighed. He was serious.
"Well, I would be grateful if you spoke the truth. And maybe a good place to start is with why you thought that I could ever hate you."

A/N ~ For now, I am publishing a part 2, as I have been asked to do that. There was also interest in my suggestion of publishing the original, so I'll also start working on getting that out.