thirty eight

Jade's pov

I was now waiting for Jed outside Jesy's house. Last night was amazing. After the movies,we couldn't sleep and accidentally woke Leigh Anne and she started freaking out about what we did to her face.

But something was missing last night. We weren't complete without Perrie. She is the life of the party. I feel like it's my fault that all of this happened. Jesy and Lee are hanging out with Perrie only when I'm not around because they know everything that's going on between me and her.

Jed arrived a couple of minutes later,due to the traffic. Now we were sitting in the car,nobody saying a word since I got in here,besides 'hey'.

"Ok so,what's going on?" I say,when the kiss from yesterday popped in my head again and again.

"What do you mean?" Jed says,driving forward as the street light went green.

"..yesterday" I managed to say

"Look,I'm sorry for what happened. I-I didn't know what I was thinking about." He sounded like he was on the verge of tears. All because of me.

"No,no Jed! Everything is fine,really. I liked it." I whispered to myself the last part but he heard me anyways.

"You did? But,you love Perrie,don't you?" Jed's question actually made me think about what to say next.

"I loved her. After everything that has happened,it made me change my mind about her as a person."

I didn't know how true my words were.

"So,I wanted to ask you.." Jed seemed tense.

I just nodded,telling him that it was okay to ask me.

"What are we?"

I was looking at the ground,not knowing what to say. I liked Jed,a lot actually,but..am I ready for another relationship now?

"I like you,Jed." I say,looking right at him,knowing that he couldn't look at me because he was driving,but I could feel his nervousness from here.

"I do,too.." He said. When he wanted to speak up,my phone rang and I almost threw it out of the window for ruining this. Jesy's name appeared on the screen and I hang up.

"Who was it? Why did you hang up?" Jed asked me,this time looking at me,because we were stuck in traffic and it will take forever to go home.

"Oh,just my mom. She hung up after calling me,maybe she dialed in the wrong number." I lie to him,I don't want him to know Jesy was calling me,he would have insisted to call her back, 'maybe it's an emergency' .

He just nodded and continued to drive. After 10 minutes in which we here still stuck in traffic,he spoke up.

"Do you fancy going to the restaurant tonight? Or maybe get a drink?" He asked me and I immediately accepted without thinking twice.

*

"He asked you out girl! Love is in the air!" Leigh Anne says though the phone.

"I wish Sophie was here to cheer me up.." I say,getting sadder

"Look,I am deeply sorry for what happened to her,but you need to have fun every once in a while." She was right.

"Yeah,I know..,but with everything that happened lately that seems hard to do." I say,trying to decide my outfit for tonight.

"I know it must be hard for you,but let tonight be you little 'escape' " She says laughing.

After about 10 minutes it was time to really get ready and I hung up. I decided to go with a black dress,with long sleeves,the one that dad gave me for my birthday. I haven't really thought about him that much since he went in Cardiff. Maybe I will call him tomorrow,I haven't spoken to him in weeks.