2

David Brewster

I pulled up to my mothers house to pick up Michelle

Janey was really hesitant about even allowing her to see Michelle, considering the fact that they hate each other.

Even though I had my ups and downs with my mother, Michelle was her granddaughter regardless and I wasn't going to let our issues effect their relationship.

I used my key to open the front door and saw Michelle knocked out the couch. I mentally cursed to myself seeing she wasn't dressed.

Not to mention her hair was all over the damn place. I quietly laughed to myself I swear she is the girl version of me.

" Ma!" I said trying not to wake up Chelle. I walked into the kitchen and saw her talking on the phone

" Girl I have no idea what he sees in her, he could of found him a women much more beautiful." She sighed.

I felt my body tense up, I became angry easily but one thing that really set me off was when anyone and I mean anyone talked about my wife.

She looked up getting ready to finish her thought when she realized I heard everything she had just said.

She quickly hung up and the phone and looked at me with no care in the world.

" For real ma? This is really what we are doing." I asked trying to control my temper

" I don't know why you are acting so surprised, I'm just speaking the truth." She replied with the nastiest tone.

" I've told you over and over again that whether or not you like Janey she is always going to be my wife. You don't have to love her but you're going to respect her as the mother of your grandchild and as my wife."

She rolled her eyes as if everything I had just said was meaningless. I felt myself become more angry just standing there.

" I don't have to respect anyone. Especially not her, I don't know why you would marry someone like her let alone have a child."

I felt myself get ready to say something I knew I would regret later on, so I decided against saying it.

I shot her a nasty look before grabbing Michelle and her bag off the couch before existing her house.

Janey Brewster

I sat at home waiting for my babies to come home, Dave has been gone for a while now

I know he went to pick up Chelle but he's been gone longer than usual, so I decided to send him a text. 

Where are you?
Read  2:23 pm

I brought my phone closer to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me.

This nigga really left me on read.

I sat down and mentally prepared what I was going to say to him.

Did your phone magically stop working after you saw message? Nah that's too much attitude.

I was in mid- thought when I heard the door open. I walked into the hallway seeing Michelle coming up the stairs rubbing her eyes in the process.

"Awe mommies baby is tired." I said bending down to pick her up. She nodded her head wrapping her arms around my neck.

I looked up and made eye contact with David, who walked right past me without saying a word to me.

I walked into Michelle's room and placed her gently under the covers. I kissed her forehead and turned the lights off before leaving her room.

I walked into our room seeing David, sitting on the bed looking anywhere but at me.

I stood in front of him wanting to cuss him out for leaving me on read but, something told me to hear him out .

I sat on his lap turning his face to face mine and he finally looked at me with hurt and anger in his face .

" What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I'm just not in the mood right now."

"That's okay, I love you though," I said giving him a kiss.

"I love you too," he said lowly