20

First off I wanna say thank you so much for 30k readers! When I stared this book o had no idea it would blow up this much.

This book is also number one in Justine Skye right now which means a lot. I'm thinking about making this book 30 chapters long maybe 35 but I have a question.

Would y'all rather have a sequel to this book or a spin off that is based around Michelle's life when she's older?

Janey Brewster

"No, but she really had the audacity to try and touch my baby, like where do they do that at?" I ranted to Katrina while I was on my lunch break

"I don't know but I'm glad you put her in her place. If I was there I would of raised hell for real."

"I know cause you don't have to type of filter and Michelle was sitting right there I didn't wanna act out in front of her."

"I know my baby is so innocent, she don't need to see that." Katrina said as we spoke on the phone.

"It's always some shit, but I have a questions for you." She said.

"What's up?" I asked her as I placed the order for Michelle's birthday cakes. Yes cakes, I have to go all out for my baby's  birthday.

"Would you mind if I brought a friend to Michelle's party?" She asked.

"Girl, I know your friends, so what friend are you talking about?"

"No you don't know this friend.. she's a new friend." She told me.

"Oouu okay, that's fine with me. How long have you been talking to this friend?"

" For a couple of months now. I really like her Janey." She said making me smile.

"Awe I'm so happy for you."

••

"Awe she's so cute." My coworker, Monica said as I showed her picture of Michelle I was going to put on her party invitation.

"Thank you, I can't believe she's gonna be five already."

"I remember when you first started working here and she could barley walk."

"I know my little baby." I smiled thinking about how big she was getting.

"How old are your babies again?" I asked her.

"Kiya is 4 and Sass is 2 going on 20." She joked with me.

"Leave her alone she just takes after her mommy." I laughed when she side eyed me.

"Oh no that's all Steven." she said referring to her husband.

"How is Steven? I haven't seen him around here in a while."  I asked her.

"Girl I didn't tell you? They're trying to promote him to a high position, he's been running around here like a crazy person." She laughed.

"Wow, that's good he's about to a boss now, check him out." I said making her laugh.

"Yeah we've been meaning to buy a bigger house so hopefully now we'll be able to."

"Okay, I see y'all. You're finally gonna give him his son?" I asked her.

"Girl tell me about it he's been wanting a son for so long now. What if we have another girl not a boy?"

"Well you know the third times the charm." I nudged her arm.

"Well what about you? When are you and David gonna give Michelle another sibling?" She asked me.

Everyone around us had no idea that David and I were gong through a rough patch in our marriage and I liked it that way.

"If I'm being honest I don't think Michelle wants any siblings. She barley likes sharing us with each other."

"Awe, but she's so sweet to everyone."

"I know but the only kid she likes is Jasmine and that's it."

"Are you having the party on her birthday or is it going to be around the same time?"

"Her birthday is on the 16th of April, so the party will most likely be on the 18th because it's a Saturday."

"Mmh that makes sense,  I gotta make sure I get her something. Is the party gonna be at your house?"

"Oh no girl I rented out this big hall. Let me show you." I said pulling out my phone.

"Damn girl that's nice." She said grabbing my phone a bit to look at the pictures more closely. "That must of cost you a lot."

"Yeah but it's gonna be worth it."

••

"So how have the two of you been?" Our therapist asked as David and I sat in another session.

"I would say our communication has gotten a lot better. Which makes me happy because that's something we really wanted to work on."

"In what way has it improved. Give me some examples." she said.

"Well our daughters birthday is coming up and we are having a huge party.  Usually I plan everything and David would pay for it, but I feel bad because everything it really expensive." I told her glancing over at David who was playfully shaking his head.

"But he doesn't want me to pay for anything because that's not how we usually do things."

"So how did you solve this issue?" She asked looking at David.

"I agreed to let her pay for the decorations and I'll pay for the hall, the cake and whatever else needs to be paid for." He said.

"How does it make you guys feel that you're actually talking things out and not arguing about it?"

"It actually feels really good because when we're not arguing we get along really well... we're the best of friends." I smiled.

"Even best friends argue sometimes but it's about being able to understand and forgive." She explained making about of us nod our heads.

"The two of you are making amazing progress and I'll be looking forward to seeing the two of you next week."

Excuse any errors or mistakes

Make sure to vote and comment ❣️