7

I just wanna shout out vic-11 for helping me come up idea for this chapter. Thanks it helped a lot!

Janey Brewster

"Baby smile for me please

"Baby smile for me please."

I was trying to take a simple picture of Michelle but she was in one of her moods today.

She simply looked at me before going back to playing with my braids.

"What's wrong pooh?"  I asked making her look at me with tears in her eyes.

I instantly felt my heart drop.Why was my baby crying?

"I-i don't wanna go..." she sobbed.

"Baby you want to go where?"

" I don't wanna go to school." She continued to cry her eyes out.

I sighed knowing this was eventually going to happen.

Right now she was on spring break so she was used to being with David and I everyday but she would have to go back to school in a few days.

"Why baby you told me and daddy you liked school." I reminded her.

"No, I don't but I just don't want you to be mad at me." She told me through her cries.

"Baby I would never be mad at you for feeling uncomfortable." I kissed her face and wiped her tears.

She didn't say anything else, she just played with my braids.

I know that I would have to talk to David about this and as soon as possible.

I shot him a quick message to see where he was.

To Daddy💍: where you at?
Delivered: 2:23pm

From Daddy💍: Omw why you miss me already it ain't been that long baby.
Delivered:2:24pm

To Daddy💍: shut up stupid 🙄 just hurry back we need to talk about Chelle when you get here.
Delivered 2:25pm

From Daddy 💍: why? What's wrong with my baby?
Delivered 2:25pm

To Daddy💍: Shes having one of her moments again😩
delivered 2:26pm

From Daddy:💍: around the corner
Delivered: 2:27

I sat my phone down on the table and watched her play with my hair.

About two years ago Michelle was diagnosed with Separation Anxiety.

At first I didn't want to believe that she actually had it because she was so young but as she got older I could see it more and more.

It was much worst when she was younger.

She would fall out and throw huge temper tantrums whenever David or I  tried to put her down or give her to another family member. She would completely flip out.

When school came around she constantly get into altercations with other kids and didn't listen to teachers.

David and I tried to take her to therapy, but it wasn't much help because she was so young at the time.

I looked up and saw him taking his shoes off at the door immediately coming over to us.

He kissed her forehead making her look up at him with her chocolate eyes.

"Why you don't wanna go to school anymore ?" He spoke to her in the sweetest tone.

"Cause I don't like it." She told him.

"Why not Chelle? You told me and mommy it was ok."

"No you or mommy." she said sadly.

David look at me asking for help with his eyes.

"Baby do you remember the talk we had about how sometimes we have to be away from each other for small amounts of time."

As soon as "away from each other "slipped out of my mouth she broke down crying.

"Mommy didn't mean it like that. She meant to say even when we are away from each you are always gonna come right back to us." David told her.

" Mommy and I are never gonna leave you somewhere and not comeback and get you."

"You hear me Rose?" He spoke to her calling her by her middle name.

She nodded before reaching for him.

"I wanna hear you say it." He told her.

Growing up he didn't have the best relationship with his parents so it was important to him that we had the best relationship possible with our kids.

"You and mommy always come get me." She spoke softly.

David nodded his head knowing she rephrased it the best way she could.

He picked her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck as if she felt safe in his arms.

She eventually calmed down and fell asleep in his arms.

" You know we are gonna have to figure something out right? She has school in a couple days and I don't know how she is going react when she goes back."

"I know, I don't know if school is gonna work for her." He spoke honestly.

"What do you mean she has to go to school?"

"I know but not physically, there's always homeschool."

"Who is gonna homeschool her ? Did you forget i'm a nurse?"

"I could talk to my boss at the office and see if  he will let me work from home." He suggested.

It warmed my heart because he was willing to homeschool are baby knowing it would be a lot of work.

" Are you sure you want to do that?" I asked him to make sure he understood the amount of things he had to do in order to homeschool her."

" Baby for y'all I will always put in all the work possible."

"This seem like a good idea at the moment but how is she going to adjust to the outside world?" I thought.

I would just save that talk for another day.

••

David homeschooling Michelle?

What do you guys think?

make sure to vote and comment!

Word count: 900 +