3

Janey Brewster

"Mommy, daddy" I felt Michelle shake me in my sleep

I rolled over and saw she had tears rolling down her face. I instantly popped up to see what was wrong with her.

" Baby what's wrong?" I reached down and pick her up.

" I don't feel good." She started to cry harder causing me to become worried.

I felt her head and she was burning up. I looked over at David who was now wide awake.

"What's wrong with her." He asked taking her out of my arms, rubbing her head.

" Chelle tell mommy what hurts." David told her.

"My tummy hurts and my nose is stuffy." she said. I wasn't really big on giving her medicine, but at this point she really needed it.

I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom looking for the medicine.

"Here baby drink this." I spoke holding the tiny cup up to her lips.

"Mommy,  I don't want that." She began crying harder.

"But it will make you feel better baby" I tried to reason with her.

She ignored me still crying into Dave's arms.

"Chelle you want to feel better right?" Dave asked her while talking the mini cup of medicine from me.

"Yes" she said lowly while sniffing.

He eventually got her to take the medicine before she feel asleep between us.

David Brewster

I watched Janey as she held Michelle and put her to sleep

No matter how our family's feel about each other we still have each other no matter what. I love my wife to death and no one could ever make me feel differently about her.

She has really taught me what love really is and has helped me grow  lot as a person. Not only has she been by my side, but she has gave me the most amazing gift in the world, Michelle.

Janey and Michelle are what I work for every single day. They are what keeps me going every day and night.

The fact that my parents don't expect her because she's not what they want her to look like is some straight up bullshit.

The fact that they don't treat Michelle like all they other grandkids is some bullshit.

They gone have to learn to respect my family whether they like them or not.

Janey and my mom have really gotten into it in the past and I can't say I was surprised.

People look at Janey and think that she's a nice ass person and I ain't saying she's not, but once  you come off at her the wrong way. You gon see a whole different side of her.

I woke up at about three in the morning to go and check on Michelle

David has bring her back into her room a while after she fell asleep.

I couldn't help but to think about her I guess it's just a mother thing.

I stood up and put on my Puma slides when I realized that David wasn't in bed.

I rubbed my head walking down the hallway to Michelle's room.

I peaked my head into her room I noticed she wasn't in there.

"Daddy you no do that." I heard Michelle laugh.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to see it was covered with pancake mix.

Michelle sat on the counter laughing as David putting pancake mix on her head.

I shook my head I didn't know I was taking care of two children. I cleared my throat making them look up surprised.

" Hi mommy," Michelle cheesed as if she wasn't doing anything.

" Hey mommy," David said while laughing.

" Y'all wanna explain to me why my kitchen looks like this."I asked

Michelle's eyes got wide and she looked up at me.

" Mommy I no do anything, it was daddy." She said quickly.

" Damn Chelle you just gone tell on me like that." David said.

" Me no get in trouble, I need ice cream." Michelle said causing me to start laughing.

I watched as David mean mugged her and she mugged him right back making him laugh .

" Oh so daddy did it huh?" Michelle nodded as I smirked at David

" Yeah, daddy did it." David said thinking he was off the hook.

" I guess that means daddy gets no ice cream . Right Michelle?"

" No ice cream for daddy." She cheesed.

David sighed realizing what I was referring to .

"Man that ain't right." He laughed little did he know I couldn't resist him.

••

Neyahscreations
Word count: 750 +
Make sure to vote and comment