6

David Brewster

" Ayo, Janey lets go" I called her.

We were currently out side of my mothers house, but she was not getting out the car.

"We not gonna be here that long so I'll just wait here." She said while fixing her hair in the mirror.

I rolled my eyes walking over to the passenger side and opened the door.

I shook my head, "Why you always gotta be petty?"

"Baby I don't know what you're talking about." She spoke nochalamtly 

I reached over to try and pull her out the car but she still had her seatbelt on.

" What hell are you doing?" She yelled pulling away from me.

I sucked my teeth at the fact that she was being over dramatic I didn't even touch her.

I leaned down and whispered in her ear.

"Stop yelling before these bougie ass people call the police on me" I scolded her.

"I don't give a fuck about these people and you know that." She said in a hushed tone so Michelle didn't hear her.

Michelle knew better than to repeat the shit her mother and I be saying but still.

"Mommy we go inside" Michelle asked breaking the tension between us.

"Yeah baby, you and daddy are gonna go inside in a second."

"Mommy why you not coming too ?" She asked Janey in a sad tone.

I don't even know why Janey told her she wasn't coming in the house with us.

Michelle has literally been attached to Janey ever since she came out the womb.

She didn't like going anywhere her mommy wasn't going.

Part of it isn't her fault, but that's a story for another day.

"Janey lets go before she start crying"

I was not in the mood to deal with Michelle having a break down right.

Janey heard how the tone of her voice changed and unbuckled her seatbelt.

She got out of the car and walked over to Michelle's side of the car and unbuckled her from her booster seat.

" Chelle, mommy's coming too, don't cry." She soothed her.

Michelle didn't say anything she just wrapped her arms around her neck and laid her head on her shoulder sniffling.

"Let's make this quick." She spoke as we waited to be let in.

Janey Brewster