19

Today is my birthday! So I decided to give y'all a little update I may post one tomorrow as well. Enjoy the chapter and make sure to vote and comment❣️

Janey Brewster | 6 months later

"Mommy I want my hair like this," Michelle said holding up her tablet to me

I liked at it seeing she was on Pinterest looking at different braided hairstyles.

"Baby's you don't even stay still when I put your hair in ponytails," I laughed at her.

"I knowww but jasmine always has the color in her hair, I like them."

"You're talking about the beads?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah! I like those mommy."

"Okay baby I'll do them before you go with daddy."

"Okay." She said and then paused. "Can I call daddy?"

"Mmh," I said holding my phone out to her.

David and I have built a much better relationship over the last couple of months. We decided that we would co-parent until we are in a better place in our marriage.

"Mommy, daddy wants to talk to you," she handed me the phone.

"Hey David," I spoke when his face appeared the screen.

"Wassup Janey, how you been?"

"I've been okay, how about yourself?"

This conversation was so weird for Janey she had known this man forever and was deeply in love with him.

Having to speak to him like just met was killing her.

"I'm ight... stop acting all weird."

"I'm nottt," I laughed awkwardly at him.

"Ight but what we gonna do for Michelle's birthday?"

My baby was turning five years old and I wanted to go all out for her special day.

"I defiantly wanna have a party, like a huge bouncy house, face paint, type of party."

"I swear you're a bigger child than Michelle," he laughed at me as I listened out the things I wanted at her party.

"I like for everything to look good, you know that."

"Nah I feel you but I ain't good at that planning shit so let me know what you need and I'll put half on everything."

"That's cool but you know imma still call you and ask your opinion on everything, right?" I asked raising my eyebrows at him.

"Man you too much but let me call y'all back. I gotta go to my moms house real quick."

"Okay Michelle come say bye." I called out to her. She ran over to me climbing on the bed.

"Bye daddy, I love you." She smiled.

"I love you too baby I'm gonna call you before you go to sleep, okay?"

"Okay talk to you later." She said before hanging up.

••

"Awe, Janey this is your baby?" An old friend of mine, Stacy asked as I stood in the aisle of the supermarket.

"Yup this is my little baby," I said holding Michelle's head as she stood next to me shyly.

"She's so cute, hi pretty girl." She waved causing Michelle to his her face.

"Chelle say hi silly." I encouraged her.

She waved slowly causing both of us to bust out laughing.

"She's a little shy don't mind her." I smiled.

"It was nice seeing you girl." She spoke as her sister called her.

"You too," I spoke before turning my attention back to Michelle.

"Okay baby what do you want to make?"

Her school was having a bake sale and surprisingly Michelle wanted to make something.

David and I had placed her in a small school with teachers who offered one on one support.

She had become a lot more comfortable with the idea of going to school. Of course she still had her days, but she was doing a lot better.

"I wanna make cupcakes mommy." She smiled.

We walked around the supermarket gathering the things we needed to make her cupcakes.

"Ooouuu, baby do you want pink or purple frosting? Actually we can just get both and some sprinkles," I scanned the shelf looking for some colorful sprinkles.

"Mommy don't you thinks that's a lot?" She asked catching my attention.

"But there's so many pretty colors I don't know which to get," I pouted at her. She sounded just like her dad.

"Okay, i'll just get these two and some sprinkles." I said putting the other frostings back.

"Janey, is that you?" I looked up to see someone I never wanted to see again in my life.

"Michelle come on baby." I said lifting her up and putting her into the carriage.

"That's my grandbaby ?" She asked trying to come closer to the carriage.

"Back up away from my child." I said holding my arm out to block her.

"Your seriously not going to let me see my grandchild? Build a bond with her or anything?"

"You're out of your damn mind if you think your going to talk to my child when you don't even talk to me."

"But Janey-"

"Stay away from me and stay away from my child." I spoke walking away from the whole situation.