18

Optimist POV

"Let's think back to when this all started. When did the two of you began to grow apart or feel that your marriage was changing."

Janey and David sat in the office of Ms. Nicole Johnson, one of the best therapist they could afford.

The office was filled with complete silence. Neither
one of them wanted to admit when their marriage fell apart. They felt they would only hurt each more.

"Okay how about this. David tell me when did you start to see a change in Janeys behavior. When did you realize she was no longer the woman you fell in love with?"

He sat back on the white leather sofa letting out big breathe of air.

"I honestly don't even know where to start." He paused carefully thinking about what he was going to say next.

"In the very beginning of our relationship she had a lot going on in her personal life and she ain't really have nobody."

"I was willing to be the person that she needed whether it was relationship wise or friendship cause something about her made me feel that way."

"It wasn't until she got pregnant that things really started changing for us."

"Now when you say things started changing, did they get better or worst." Nicole asked while writing something down on her clipboard.

"I can't speak for her, but for me it was the spark of happiness that I felt we needed. We both had our own issues going on and I thought having a kid would allow us to project the love we never got as children."

"Okay so what Im hearing is the pregnancy was a chance for you to better yourself and gain a sense of live you yearned for as a child."

"In a way yes becasue I had already found love with Janey, but knowing that I would be able to create a bind that a parent should have with a child is what excited me."

She pushed her glasses further back on her face taking note on what David was saying.

"Now, Janey how did you feel about all of this? Learning you were pregnant, having problems with your family, and getting into a new relationship."

"Um it was..." she stopped trying to control the emotions that were dying to be heard.

"It was really hard for me because I never had any love as a child so I wasn't prepared to raise a child for the next eighteen years."

"Did you ever express that to David?"

Janey put her head down feeling David burn a hole in the side of her face.

He wanted to know more than anything how she was feeling. He had been trying to get her to talk to him forever but she would just shut down or get angry with him.

"No I didn't." She spoke quietly.

"Do you mind telling me why not?"

"I knew how happy he was to be a father and I didn't want to take that away from him."

"So in a way you didn't want to let him down?"

Janey nodded her head before continuing.

"I had already felt that he would eventually get tired of me and leave me so I just wanted to do whatever I could to keep him around."

David listened to what Janey said and couldn't believe anything was hearing.

"David were you aware she was Delle gn this way?"

"I had no clue. I honestly wish she would
of told me that because I would of shut that shit down from the beginning."

"I wasn't ready to take on the responsibility of being a mom and I didn't know how to be the wife you deserve. I still don't." She spoke feeling herself get emotional.

Nicole sat back and watched the couple interact with each other. This was apart of the healing they needed.

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you that you are an amazing mother and wife. I understand that you have some doubts and the only thing I can do is help you and try to understand what you are going through."

He sat up straight turning to face her.

"But you have to allow me to be your husband and help you through whatever you going through. You gotta tell me stuff and not run off when something is wrong."

Janey sat silently knowing that he was right. She honestly wanted to be a better wife to him but she didn't know how.

"You know that I love you right?" He asked in a serious tone.

"Of course I do and I love you too. I just really don't know how to show it." She looked at him her eyes slightly red from her crying.

"And that's okay just promise me that you gon work on it and let me help you through the process."

"I promise I'll let you help me. No more secrets, no more lies, just me and you."

"That's all I'm asking for."

Neyahscreations
Word Count: 800+
Excuse any errors or mistakes
Make sure to vote and comment on