23

David Brewster

"Do you see a future with Janey?" Dr

"Do you see a future with Janey?" Dr. asked me.

"Imma be honest, I really don't know." I shrugged.

"Why you always shrug when I ask you a question?"

"Because I really don't be caring that much to think about it. It is what it is."

"You're gonna stop saying that too." She pointed her pen at me.

"Ion know what else you want me to say." I adjusted my hat.

"I want you to tell me what you're actually feeling."

I just stared at her not knowing what she wanted from me.

"Alright lets do this." She spoke picking up a whiteboard. "I want you to make a list of the pros and cons of getting back with Janey."

"Did you make her do this too?"

She pursed her lips at me, "Now you know I can't answer that."

"Man whatever," I took the marker from her and began creating the list.

"Now I see you have a lot more cons than pros." She said examining the list.

I sighed, "I just wrote what came to mind."

"That's fine, now let's talk about this first one." She underlined it.

Not being able to let go of what she did

"Now what do you mean by this."

"I feel like I could forgive her right now while we on good terms, but if we get into a agruement or some shit, imma throw it all in her face."

"Okay I see where you're coming from. It seems that you can forgive her but not forget what she has done."

"That's exactly what it is, I just have so much anger for the whole situation and the fact that she won't tell me who it was is fucking with me."

She pushed her glasses further onto her face, "Why does it bother you so much?"

"Because I wanna know what this nigga got that I don't. What made her go and sleep with him?" I felt myself getting angry this is exactly why I didn't wanna talk about this shit.

"Do you ever think it has something to do with her and not with you?"

"Man, I honestly don't know, I tried to understand her, but shits just not adding up for me. She lucky I'm not the old me cause I would of hurt her feelings a long time ago."

"David let me ask you a question and I want you to be honest with me."

I nodded signally for her to ask.

"Have you been taking your medication?"

Here we go with this shit.