21

Janey Brewster

"No, but she really had the audacity to try and touch my baby, like where do they do that at?" I ranted to Katrina while I was on my lunch break

"I don't know but I'm glad you put her in her place. If I was there the situation would of took a turn for the worst."

"I know cause you don't have to type of filter, and plus Michelle was sitting right there I didn't wanna act out in front of her."

"I know my baby is so innocent, she don't need to see that." Katrina said as we spoke on the phone.

"It's always some shit, but I have a questions for you." She said.

"What's up?" I asked her as I placed the order for Michelle's birthday cakes. Yes cakes, I have to go all out for my babies birthday.

"Would you mind if I brought a friend to Michelle's party?" She asked.

"Girl, I know your friends, so what friend are you talking about?"

"No you don't know this friend.. she's a new friend." She told me.

"Oouu okay, that's fine with me. How omg have you been talking to this friend?"

" For a couple of months now. I really like her Janey." She said making me smile.

"Awe I'm so happy for you."

••

"Awe she's so cute." My co worker, Monica said as I showed her picture of Michelle I was going to put on her party invitation.

"Thank you, I can't believe she's gonna be five already."

"I remember when you first started working here and she could barley walk."

"I know my little baby." I smiled thinking about how big she was getting.

"How old are your babies again?" I asked her.

"Kiya is 4 and Sass is 2 going on 20." She joked with me.

"Leave her alone she just takes after her mommy." I laughed when she side eyed me.

"Oh no that's all Steven." she said referring to her husband.

"How is Steven? I haven't seen him around here in a while."  I asked her.

"Girl I didn't tell you? They're trying to promote him to a high position, he's been running around here like a crazy person." She laughed.

"Wow, that's good he's about to a boss now, check him out." I said making her laugh.

"Yeah we've been meaning to buy a bigger house so hopefully now we'll be able to."

"Okay, I see y'all. You're finally gonna give him his son?" I asked her.