Chapter 4

Song - The Devil Within

“ Chapter 4 - Play ”

*Tzuyu's Pov*

Today we have a new student joining this class. I barely pay attention to our professor's word as my eyes flutter close before they quickly open and then close once again.

With all my power, I open my eyes only to see a familiar face.

Jung Eunbi.

From the rumors that circulated in middle school, everyone said that Mingyu was head over heels for Gfriend's Eunha but she left him, which Sehun said otherwise. However, I don't know for sure.

Rumors are just rumors.

Kinda weird, how me, Mingyu, Sehun and Eunha went to the same middle school yet not many people know about it. Plus, we all became idols.

It's not that we don't see each other at award shows and in university since all of us are majoring in performing arts.

Whenever we see each other, we pass small smiles, at least me and Sehun do that but I have never seen Eunha and Mingyu interacting.

Our university have different building for each performing arts major. Since me and Mingyu are majoring in dancing, we both share almost all the classes together and in the same building.

While some members of Twice and Seventeen majors in singing, so their building is different but during lunch, most of them come to our cafeteria.

Just like this Eunha was majoring in theater....? Right? Oh well, I don't remember but Sehun's majoring in singing.

Hello everyone. I am Gfriend's Eunha. I decided to change my major from theatre to dance. Let's get along well. With a smile on her face, she bows before spotting an empty space and capturing it, which is neither near me nor near Mingyu.

Then I glance at Mingyu, whom I find waving to someone, causing me to turn back to Eunha who smiles and waves back at him.

What is this?

Didn't they break up on bad terms?

Let's just hope, I don't share much classes with her.

•••

By the time lunch approaches, I just want to go home but my stupid friends drag me to the cafeteria where I spot Eunha and Mingyu walking together.

I watch as Eunha says something and a smile captures Mingyu's face before they both burst out laughing and something drops inside me.

Taehyung, why are you on the floor? I hear Sana asking Taehyung, causing me to look at Tae, who is on the floor.

Oh, I fell. He scratches his head.

Oh, so something didn't fall inside of me. It was the sound of Taehyung falling.

This man!

It surprises me how Mingyu is acting so nice around her. How he is smiling around her. If there was me beside him, he would be frowning. But if it's her, then it is different.

And that somehow hurt me.

Tzuyu, you okay? Jungkook asks me, sitting beside me and noticing me spacing out.