Chapter 21

Song - Little Do You Know

“ Chapter 21 - Dare ”

*Mingyu's Pov*

I watch Tzuyu whispering my name and her name in her sleep. Her body, trembling once in a while as she dreams a nightmare that made my life a nightmare.

I hear how she cries out my name as her nose becomes red while tears escape her closed eyes.

I get out of the bed, walking out the room before leaning on the wall, letting my body fall down to the floor as I hug my knees.

Am I hurting her again?

Is she having nightmares again?

Her nightmares stopped for a while. She doesn't dream often but when she does, it's always a nightmare.

And every time that happens, I end up not sleeping at all. Not because of the sound she makes but because of the memories they bring back.

The fact they tell me that I am hurting her even in her dreams, keeps me awake all night.

And tonight doesn't seem any different.

Dad? A soft sleepy voice speaks, causing me to lift my head up and come face to face with a sleepy Daamin.

You didn't sleep? I question, afraid he might have to skip school tomorrow and stay at home alone otherwise.

I was sleeping but I heard mom screaming. What happened? He questions as I cross my legs and extend my hands toward him as a sign for him to sit on my lap.

She is having a nightmare. I tell him as he sits on my lap, his big eyes staring down at me intensely.

About what?

I don't know. I lie, smiling at him before deciding to change the topic.

Hey, you wanted to go to the amusement park with us, right? I ask him to which he starts nodding aggressively, without stopping causing me to laugh.

Why don't you tell your manager that you want to go to amusement park with Twice's Tzuyu and Seventeen's Mingyu? He may allow. I suggest as he stops nodding before a bright smile lights up his face, forgetting all about Tzuyu's nightmare.

So, we can go? Nodding, I pick him up in my arms before pushing myself up which seems harder than I thought.

Am I growing old or what?

Come on, let's go to sleep. Walking towards his room, I open his door before gently laying him down on his bed and then laying down beside him, patting his back.

After a while, I watch Daamin's chest rising and falling peacefully, indicating he's asleep, so I slide out of the bed without waking him and walk out his room, closing the door as silenty as I can.

I wonder what will happen in university tomorrow. Will everything be in a state of chaos or will everything be normal and alright?

Junior year can't get any more worse now.

From the corner of my eyes, I notice movements, causing me to look up to find Tzuyu's dark figure looking around before she spots me and quickly run towards me, throwing her arms around me as I calmly wrap my arms around her, knowing the cause.

Where were you? Her voice sounds raspy since she cried in her sleep.

You okay? I ask her to which she simply breaks the hug and scans my face.