Chapter 23

Song - Secret Love Song

“ Chapter 23 - Anger ”

*Mingyu's Pov*

Beautiful.

I hear my voice speaking in my head, my eyes glued to the small and petite sleeping figure in front of me.

I can't say that she is the most beautiful and perfect person I have ever seen because perfect doesn't exist but from my sight, she is the most attractive and warm person.

She feels like spring.

Weird, right?

She just gives me that feeling and I can't help but accept it.

When her face turns into a grimace, I know what is to come. Guilt breaks out inside me, spreading inside my body like a poison. The smile on my face is ripped off when I see her shifting around, uncomfortably.

N-No--- And that is the cue for me to run away from her and cover my ears from futher hearing her cries but she loved me.

She loves me.

I shouldn't just run away in her hard time, should I?

My hand starts reaching out to touch her hairs and pat it as a way of trying to calm her down when she cries out again.

Mingyu...

I stop.

Before I can predict what I am doing, I find myself on the floor, my back against the cold wall, my trembling hands covering both my ears.

My eyes shift from the floor to her face before settling on her lips only to find them moving, faint cries ringing in my ears, causing me close my eyes with all my force, pressing my hands against my ears more powerfully.

One part of me starts fighting with the other saying that instead of being a coward, I should stay by her side and comfort her rather than sitting here like a six years old kid afraid of hearing his parents fight.

I thought, us being together, will heal everything. Everything will become alright. All the old memories will be forgotten. We will be happy.

Is it because of me that her nightmares are coming back?

Since she's seeing me and sticking by my side all the time, the time I turned her life into a living nightmare came back in her head and became the cause of her dreams?

Am I the trigger for her?

I bite back a painful laugh, every thought erupting inside me, weighing me down.

Finally when everything was alright...

•••

*Tzuyu's Pov*

I want you to give me my hoodie back.

I want you to give me my money back. With an innocent smile, I speak. 

How about you give me Daamin right now if you don't want him to get late? Rolling my eyes at my brother, I turn around and walk towards the couch, my brother's voice in the background rambling about random things I am not interested in.

Daamin-ah, oppa's here. I shout, settling myself on the couch, sleep consuming my body in a second before I jolt up hearing some voice in the background.

She dozed off again?

Again.

Who?! I'm awake! I yell, standing up from the couch and turning around to walk only to trip on the couch in front of me.