Chapter 9

Song - Gone

Chapter 9 - Sorry

*Tzuyu's Pov*

Weak is all I feel as I cry in front of Mingyu. I did my best to avoid him at all cost.

My feelings are growing for him. I can't be trapped in that cage once again. I still remember, my emotions were all over the place back then.

Contemplating whether I should love him or hate him. I don't want to do that again because it was a hell for me.

It was a hell liking him and then him hurting me over and over again, making me ask myself if I should continue liking him or let my hate consume me.

The fact that he made me sleep with him didn't hurt but the way he said it, sure did.

It is as if all the walls I built are coming stumbling down, crushing me.

He doesn't even know how it is like to live like this. Maybe, he knows but he just....hurts me. Again and again.

All I can feel is just sorrow.

He doesn't even know how much time it took me to train myself and like being called ‛Mom'. I hated it.

I don't deserve to be called a mother. I am the worst mother a child can have but I am trying.

I am trying to be the best for Daamin.

I see some movements from the corner of my eyes before I feel his body settling himself on the floor beside me.

Realizing I have been staring at the ground for so long, I use the back of my hand to wipe the dried tears before I get myself off the floor.

Automatically, without my consent, my eyes follow his figure, sitting on the cold ground, staring at me before I tear my gaze off him and walk towards the bed.

I cover myself from the cold with the warm sheets before closing my eyes, ignoring the sound his movements cause and drift into the world of darkness from where I have no intention of leaving.

•••

The apartment is already empty by the time I wake up.

Mingyu is not here. Daamin must have already left. And I know, I am already late.

Not wanting to walk to university, I call Sana to pick me up with her car.

Even after sleeping for like more than ten hours, my body feels tired. But that doesn't mean if I try to sleep, I will. I can't sleep but I am tired.

I don't want to do anything. I just feel emptiness inside of me as if I am hollow.

Tzuyu?

For a moment, anger fills my body and I hate the moment, my trance is broken before I realize what just happened.

S-Sana... My voice breaks as the car came to stop, my body lunging forward from the sudden halt.

What? Are you okay? Is someth----

I was angry at you. This shut her down.

I felt angry because you suddenly spoke to me and everything that I was thinking about, just disappeared. My eyes stare down at nothing in particular as I speak, my heart heaving down badly.