Concert Preparations

Jade's green eyes widened at her mother's words, "A knife? Mom what do you think he was going to do?"
As Lily finished the bowl of pasta she stood up, "I don't know Jade. But I don't feel like he ment harm, you probably thought he was going to cause you harm."
Jade scoffed in suprised, "Mom, you just said it was an omen! He could have killed me! You're going to do something about this right?"
Lily threw away the bowl and sat back down, "Honey, he loves you, he wouldn't hurt you at all. You just need to calm down. Maybe try to get some sleep before that concert tonight?"
Jade just got up and walked to her room, "Fine mom, just let him do whatever he wants. When you wake up one day and find out he stabbed me you have no one to blame but yourself!" Jade quickly whistled for Lydia to come running into her room before she closed the door.
She flopped down onto her bed and covered her tired eyes with her arm, "Can't believe her..." Lydia jumps up on her bed and licks Jade's cheek. Jade's plump pink lips curve into a smile as she takes her arm off her eyes and looks at Lydia, "Yeah? What you need Lyd's?" She sits up and starts scratching Lydia behind the ear. As Jade does this, Lydia lies down at the end of her bed near Jade's socked feet.
Jade got off her bed and opened her closet to pick out what she's going to wear to the concert. She pulled out a dress, it had a black top with a layered flannal bottom. She then proceeded to toss it onto the bed to find some shoes. After a few minutes of looking through the jumbled mess that is her closet she picked out a pair of high heeled shoes. They were flannal and had spiked studs on the back of the ankle area. She continued to look at them wondering, To much flannal? But she then decided, You can never have to much flannal. She slipped on the dress and put on the shoes. She walked to the bathroom to do her make-up and hair after that. She grabbed the curler and curled her hair. She decided that that look ok and started on the make-up. She put on some maroon lip stick, applying it to her lips. She then pulled out some liquid eye liner and gave herself cat eye liner. She smiled at herself, Nice. She thought to herself. She walked back into her room and knelt at her bed. She pulled out a small box with a lacey appearance and pulled the top off. Inside was many priceless necklaces, earrings, and bracelets that her father had gotten her on his tours to Afganistan and Iraq. She pulled out her favorite necklace she wears for every special occasion, a black jem hanging by a black cord. She closed the box and slid it back under her bed. She hides it under there for fear of Jason pawning them for more alcoho. He already pawned all her mother's jewelry, whose to say he won't either? She spun around in the middle of her room and watched the necklace almost levitate in the air while she spins, just like it did when her father first gave it to her when she was fourteen. She sat back down on her bed, careful not to sit on Lydia, and texted Alice to tell her she was ready to go to the concert. Alice soon replied that she would be there in a few minutes, considering she lived right down the road. While she waited, Jade decided to put on some music and dance around her room. As she danced around like an absolute failure, like usual, she heard a knock at her bedroom door. She opened it and Alice was standing there.
"Hey girl!" Alice said to her, "You ready for the best night ever!"
Jade smiled as she picked up her purse, "Heck yeah! Just let me tell my mom I'm heading out." She pet Lydia quickly, "Bye Lyd's love ya, hold down the fort til I'm back, k?" Lydia did not respond, because she is a wolf, they do not speak.
She walked out of her room with Alice at her coattails. She noticed her mom was asleep on the coach and decided not to wake her. As they walked out Jade said, "I'll just text her."
And with that they were off to see their favorite band live, and maybe even meet them.