The Fifth

Everyone in the room turned to Jade, her eyes barely open. Chris rushed to her side, sitting on her right side of her bed. He took her right hand and held it firmly, "Jade, what do ya mean?"
"I know," she grunted in pain, "I know who did it. I recognized his voice." She looked over at the heart monitor, then back into Chris's electric blue eyes, "Chris?"
He nodded, "Yeah? What's wrong Honey?"
She gulped, "Did I join The Black Parade?"
Chris looked at her in shock, "What," he felt tears brim his eyes, "What do you mean?"
"I," she hesitated, "I saw someone, he said I was going to carry on." She smiled, "He said even though I was broken and defeated, that I would carry on. That's lyrics to Welcome to the Black Parade."
He nodded, "I don't know what that was Jade..."
The nurse walked over, "How do you feel Ms. Wilson?"
Jade smiled at her, "My head is killing me, but that's about it."
The nurse nodded, "I'll call the doctor and get you some pain killers." She then speed walked out of the hospital room. Suddenly two police officers walked in.
"Hello we were contacted by mister Wright here." One gestured at Brody, "We understand Ms. Wilson here was assalted?" She nodded, "Alright then, do you remember any of it?"
Jade nodded, "I remember everything except what happened after I blacked out.
The officer nodded, grabbing a notebook, "Could you tell us what happened?"
Chris interrupts, "She said she knew who attacked her."
The officer looked at Jade, "Go one Ms. Wilson."
Jade nodded, "I'm almost one hundred percent sure that it was Jason. That's my mom's boyfriend. But I never saw him, all I heard was his voice and I saw his sneakers when he walked passed me."
"Now can you tell us what happened?" One of the officers asked her.
Jade nodded, "I was walking to my car, about to leave work. When I heard someone say 'Hey Princess.' But I never saw anyone. I then opened the door to get it but I heard footsteps, several times. But every time I looks no one was there. But then something hit my head and I collapsed on the ground. I then saw a pair of sneakers and jeans walk over my body and take my purse."
Chris and Brody look at each other, when suddenly Brody nods towards the door. Chris understood what he ment and walked out with him. Once outside Brody started.
"Dude she didn't see him." Brody said, "Do you think Jason's the fifth?"
Chris shook his head, "He's too old. We're all early twenties. He's early fifties."
"Yeah but there could have been an experimental group before that?" Brody said.
Chris thought for a minute, "That's a possibility, maybe there was one in the sixties?"
"That's true! There was one that the government tried in either the sixties or seventies." Brody said, "I happened to see it while I was looking for the experiment they did on us."
Chris nodded, "But I feel like someone else might be the fifth."
Brody laughed, "Oh yeah? Like who? Jade?"
Chris gave him a serious look, "She gets omens."