Household Rockstar

Jade was about to step out of the car when Chris grabbed her hand, "Wait let me help. I don't want you to get hurt going up the stairs. She nodded as he got out and walked to her side of the car.
She looked over at Alice, who was in the backseat, "You can stay the night it you want. I don't want to be a hindrance to him."
Alice nodded and got out as she watched Chris carry Jade bridal style up the steps. Jade pulled her keys out of her purse and unlocked the door for the trio. They walked in and Chris gave her a kind smile, "So where's your room? I'll put you down in there."
Jade smiled back at him as she put her keys back into her purse. "Go down the hall and second door on the left." He carried her down the corridor and opened her bedroom door.
Jade looked down and saw Lydia running at him, anger in her eyes. "Baby, Baby no. I'm right here. Momma's right here." As soon as Lydia heard Jade's voice she stopped, walked back to the bed, jumped up on it, and went back to sleep. She smiled at her sleeping figure on the end of her bed.
"Chris you can just lay me down on the bed." Jade chuckled.
He looked down at her with a terrified look, "She isn't going to kill me? Cause it seems like she wants to kill me."
Jade and Alice both burst out laughing, "No way! She knows exactly who you are. I think we just scared her cause we came in while she was asleep. She wouldn't hurt anyone."
Then Alice mumbled, "Except that one time she attacked Jason."
Jade pointed at her tall friend, "That is true." She looked back at Chris, "Jason is my mom's boyfriend, whom I hate and I trained Lydia," she gestures to her dog, "to attack in case he came into my room while I wasn't home or if I was asleep. And since she's a good girl, she attacked."
Chris nodded as he placed Jade on her bed, after that he looked around until he saw he little reading nook it the opposite corner of her room. He picked up one of the pillows in the little tent like area and walked back over. He lifted her foot up and placed the pillow under it.
He sat back down on the and looked her in the eye, "Does it still hurt. And if it does do you want me to get you a pain killer."
Jade smiled, "No it doesn't hurt much. I'll be finem" she chuckled slightly, "But then again I've always had the biggest pain tolerance out of all my friends."
He smiled at her, "Well I'm glad you aren't in pain anymore." He then proceeded to watch Alice leave the room with some of Jade's clothes, most likely to go get changed. "I should leave and let you rest." He then brushed some of her black locks out of her hair and gave her a kind smile, "I hope you feel better soon."
Jade smiled and thanked him, but as he walked out of her room, her voice broke the silence, "Wait! I need to ask you something."
He turned back and nodded, giving her the permission to ask her question.
"Why..." She started, "Why are you so nice to me?"
He smiled and shrugged, "I don't know. You just seem special. I'll see ya later Jade, I hope you feel better." And with that he closed the door and left. Leaving Jade to once again, stare at the ceiling.
Suddenly Alice burst into the room wearing a New Born Cyanide shirt and some green shorts. She was hyperventilating, "Jade...guess...what he...just asked me!"