Chapter 1: Audition

Nevaeh's POV:

I'm standing back stage at the X Factor USA auditions, I'm about to go on stage which is scaring the fuck out of me. I'm auditioning, my big sister Dennika convinced me to actually have the courage to come audition. I'm starting to shake uncontrollably, my sister hands our 3 year old sister over to me knowing she the only thing that can stop my panic attacks.

I kiss my baby sisters forehead, knowing that she is the reason we need the money that come out of winning. I love her and I want to be able to have her grow up with everything she needs and wants. It's hard, some days she reminds me of my mum as well as my little sister. She is beautiful, she is a very special little girl!

"Nevaeh Alexis, on stage," I hear the stage manager call.

I carefully hand Railey back to Dennika, hugging them both I turn around heading to the side of the stage. I hold the microphone in my hand, I take a deep breath and drag myself on stage. I don't keep my head up, it is held low until I reach my spot in the middle of the stage. I look up to see the three female judges smiling at me Paulina Rubio, Kelly Rowland and Demi Lovato. My eyes finally find the one person I know won't like my voice, it is well known to be grumpy old man or as Demi calls him 'grandpa' who is the one and only Simon Cowell. I can feel my whole body trembling as I look out pass them to see the massive crowd, I can feel my anxiety raising as I'm on the verge of having an anxiety attack or panic attack as some people call it but it is the same shit just different fucking name.

"Hey sweetie, what's your name?" Demi asks with her signature smile, I'm actually glad she is the first person to talk, her voice just has a calming affect.

"I'm Nevaeh Alexis...," I says trailing off as I get lost in the se of faces that have all their eyes on me.

"How old are you?" Asks Kelly, catching me off guard as I expected Demi's warming voice.

"I'm 16 years old," I say into the microphone as my eyes meet hers, she smiles at me as if trying to stop the obvious nerves I'm suffering from.

"I notice you have an accent, where are you from?" Demi asks me this time with her eye brow raised, all the other judges look at me with a curious expression filling their facial features freely.

"I was born and grew up in Adelaide, Australia. My family moved here when I was 7 years old," I say as I remember the massive moves after my little sister Avery went away, I remember my mum and dad crying so much before we moved but once we turned up in New York things where normal just as if Avery never existed.

I can see Demi smile at me with a happy little smile, I know everything changes once they hear my voice. Nothing will be the same after this whether I succeed or fail nothing will ever be the same after this.

"What will you be sing for us today?" Demi asks bringing me out of my thoughts that threatened to sabotage my performance.

"I'm going to be singing Anything But Ordinary by Avril Lavigne," I say finally letting a smile slip onto my lips, I know that this song explain how I feel and it actually means the world to me.

I see all of the judges look at me with wide eyes, well I guess because I'm the girl who is labelled Emo by the way I look as well as the music I listen to. I have piercings that make people instantly think I'm trouble, but I try to stay out of trouble. Most of the time!

I'm brought out of my thoughts by the music starting to play, I take a deep breath bring the microphone to my lips as I close my eyes letting my voice finally show as I let everything go as I sing.

"Sometimes I get so weird

I even freak my self out

I laugh my self to sleep