Chapter 12: Little Things

Nevaeh's POV:

I stand in the same recording booth I have been in everyday for nearly a whole week. Headphones covering my ear, flooding music into my ears, letting the calm flood over my body. I take a deep breath, the music bring my cue.

"Your hand fits in mine

Like it's made just for me

But bear this in mind

It was meant to be

I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks

And it all makes sense to me.."

The music cuts off and I feel like it can breathe again. I look through the window at Camila, her smile on show to see just how perfectly beautiful it is. I know she is happy with it, she has been pushing me so hard to get this right. We have been spending hours and hours with me sing the song over and over again. I have sang this so fucking much that I really am starting to hate with a fucking passion! We have been working so hard to have it ready by is afternoon for my mentoring session with Demi Lovato.

Camila walks in breaking me out my thoughts as her smile catches my attention. She pulls me into a hug, standing on her tippy toes so she can wrap her arms around my neck. She is so cute, it just makes me smile. She has been so amazing the last couple of days and I can't thank her enough for pushing me not to give up.

"That was perfect!" She squeals with her smile brightly on display.

I pull away from her grip, watching confusion fill her face along with hurt. I take her face in my hands, pressing my lips to the soft and nearly perfectly shaped lips that move nearly perfectly with mine. I just honestly want to let her know I'm beyond thankful for her help, she has be the perfect friend in the WORLD!

"I'm going for a shower!" I smirk, pulling away and bolting out studio building to my hotel just down the street.

I walk down the hallway, coming up to the already open studio door with Demi standing inside on the phone to god knows who. I hate the flashes on the memory that haunts me floods into my head of what happened that day with Demi, myself and her boyfriend when they decided go see if they could break me... Well they nearly did.

I knock on the door scaring the shit out of Demi, I honestly don't mind that at all. She hangs up, shoving her phone in her pocket and turning her attention towards me.

"Hi..," she says awkwardly, shifting her weight from one leg to the other uncomfortably.

"Uh, hey..," I say awkwardly pushing past her to stand in my spot, I pick up the headphone ready for her to start the music.

After what feels like forever of Demi just obviously standing there doing nothing I turn around to find her staring at the bandages covering my arms. Her wide eyes never leaving where the bandages are keeping my cuts from view. I look down remembering my choice of clothing for the day which just happened to be black ripped skinny jeans, my 'We Are The In Crowd' band tee leaving my bandaged arms on display, my faded black converses that have writing ALL over them and my Oakland Raider SnapBack on backwards.

"Can you stop staring and we get what I came here to do started?" I snap out her rudely, breaking her from where she obviously lost in her own thoughts as I face was so emotionless.

"Uh, yeah..," she says pulling herself together, letting a smile fall onto her lips as she walks behind the glass.

I pull on my headphone, holding them tight against my ears as the music starts to play. A smile plays at my lips as I feel a calm flood my body and I know this is where I will always belong..