Chapter 21: Bruised & Cut But Still A Hero

Nevaeh's POV:

I carefully shake Bea, trying my best not to wake up my sleeping girlfriend. I wasn't going there without the one person Maddie will want to see when I get them out of there, Bea is her world and Bea would kill me if I didn't take her with me to save not only her girlfriend but her girlfriends bit sister who just happens to be an international super star named Demi Lovato.

I write a note for Camila just incase she wakes up, I don't want her to freak if she wakes up to find neither Bea or I are here anymore and her car keys are missing. She is the only one who has a car so I'm just borrowing it to go try to get Bea's girlfriend and my mentor.

Bea shoots up, her ice blue eyes on mine as they question me without even opening her mouth. I help her up, throwing her a pair of my grey sweat pant and my blue over sized superman hoodie. I pull on my own black sweat pant and my pure black over sized hoodie as I grab the keys as well as my purse.

"Maddie called me. Wilmer's beating Demi up. I need to get them both out of there!" I say as we walk out the door, running out the front doors of the hotel.

I unlock the doors climbing in strapping myself in as Bea does the same. I push the key into the ignition, turning it bring the car to life as I put it into gear and drive off down the road heading towards the rich side of the City Demi house lays in.

The streets look so different from the last time I went to Demi huge house, it was day light and the streets looked completely different as they are now only lit by one or two streets lights that actually do work. I pull up in front of her house, it is weird since the last time I actually remember coming here willing was the night I fell apart in front of a Demi and Camila but only one has stood by me since that night.

I can't believe that I'm here at 3am to trying and help the woman who hurt me emotionally all because she knew she could and the little girl I came to know was the sweetest. Maddie was so much like the sweet Demi I first met but it also made me wonder what made Demi change but also if Maddie would too? That little girl is why I'm getting them out because she NEVER asked to be in the middle of it.

Maddie is the most innocent but mature little girl, she doesn't deserve to be or be scared of getting hurt by the monster Demi brought into her little sisters life. How could she be so irresponsible and stupid? I know the only reason she is with that monster is because I told her I wanted her and I kissed her, I never thought her denial would make her turn to dating and getting beaten by her do called 'boyfriend'. If I hadn't of forced the matter with Demi she wouldn't be so against Bea and Maddie dating, they would be back in the hotel room cuddling in the safety of somewhere they will be protected from monsters like him.

I turn to Bea as the darkness in the car makes it hard to see her but I can still the fear in her body language as her eyes never leave the house in front of us. Her breathing is quick as I can see worry flowing through her little 14 year old body that did not and should not have belonged there.

"You stay here with the doors locked. Don't open them for anyone besides Maddie, Demi or myself," I instruct her, my tone dead serious as I get out the car heading for the house that lays dark in front of me.

"Be careful!" Bea's shaky voice yells out but only loud enough I can hear.

I jog across the front yard, making sure not to make a sound as I get to the door that lays slightly open. I look back at the car, Bea's eyes glued to the house as I take a deep breath pushing the door open without making a single sound. The smell of alcohol and smoke lingers through the hallway as there is shattered glass bottles with alcohol still laying on the broken shards. There is round circles on the normally fluffy and soft white carpet of Demi's hallway made from someone putting out alight cigarette butts on the once pure white carpet.