Chapter 5: Meet Lacey Cameron

Demi's POV:

The camera crew stand behind me as I stand at the door waiting to find out who the fuck I am going to be mentoring. Simon has his amazing g idea not to let us know in advice who the fuck we are mentoring this season of the X Factor USA. I have to say I fucking hate surprises, but I do love surprising people because their face is always priceless. I put my hand on the door knob, taking a deep breath.. I fling the door running inside to see all the girls! I instantly pull them all into a huge group hug.

A smile creeps onto my lips. All the girls cuddle into me, holding me tight with smile and chatter. They are all so adorable, it is going to be so fucking hard having to send three of them home. I was praying I would get the girls to mentor.. Well I guess I owe 'grandpa' or better know as the asshole Simon Cowell.

"Girls, I'm your mentor!" I yell with a smile falling freely onto my lips.

I see all the girls with a smile on their lips, they are all so excited until my eyes fall onto Nevaeh. Her face has light bruising around her eye, but darker bruising to her cheek bone that no amout of heavy make up will make it fade. She looks like she is wearing a mask with the huge amount of make up that cakes her face. But the biggest question running through my mind is why the fuck does a 16 year old girl have those kind of bruises upon her face..?

I tell all the girls to go down stairs. All of them but Nevaeh..

I have to find out how she got those bruises. I swear it better not be from the hands of her parents, I would make sure they never ever saw their daughter again besides on TV after she wins the XFactor USA 2013.

I shut the door behind the last girl walking out the door. I lock just to stop anyone from just walking in, giving Nevaeh a reason to get out of telling me the truth, no matter what it is! I just hope she doesn't hate me for the questions I'm about to ask her. I just care about her so fucking much, I can't see her getting hurt and not being able to do a single fucking thing to make sure it never happens again. She deserves to have a safe and happy life and home. I will protect, whether she ends up hating me or not.

"You wanted me to stay behind. Why?" She snaps at me, bring me out my thoughts as I look over the very obviously pissed off body language her.

She has her arms crossed across her chest, she is leaning all her weight on one leg and glaring at me. I'm just so fucking lucky that looks can't kill or I would have been dead over a hundred times now! She really is getting very defence over me just wanting to talk to her. I swear this girl is fucking bipolar!

Breaking away from my thoughts I finally ask the question that has been on my mind since I saw her face,"what the fuck happened to your face?"

She looks a bit taken back at my harshness. I just don't feel like taking her shit, or the lies she will use to try to cover up the fact that someone inflicted this upon her face. In my eyes, that is not fucking okay with me at all!

She looks down at her feet, her fingers playing with her sleeves. Her body language tells me she has no intention of telling me the truth but not wanting to lie knowing I will see right through it, making her extremely uncomfortable. She shifts her weight from one leg to the other, she is trying to come up with a believable answer, but knowing it is pretty much doomed. She will get caught lying!

"I, uh, I fell face first down the stairs...," she says quietly, lying not very well but she wasn't even really trying to convince me but let me know that she has no plan on telling me what happened and who inflicted the bruise upon her beautiful face.

So I decided to take the girls out for lunch since we were all starving! They are so full of life, I'm just enjoying getting to know each of them. Everyone of them have their own story and their reasons why they auditioned for X Factor. I got a limo for us to travel in since there is seven of us all together.