Chapter 7: Camila Cabello

Demi's POV:

I'm sitting on the bathroom with Nevaeh cuddled into me in my lap. She holds onto me, making sure her hands have a hold of my t-shirt as she presses her face into the crook of my neck letting tears slide down my neck. One of her hands hold the front of my t-shirt, whilst the other one holds the back with firm grip, like her life was depended on holding onto me for dear life.

"D-Demi..?" She asks weakly as she sits up looking into my eyes pulling me in, making my heart break into pieces.

She looks into my eyes as tears slide down her cheeks, her eyes red and blood shot from crying. She slowly moves her face so only they are centimetres away from each other. The bruising on her face catching my eye, it is very dark purple and even in places it looks like it is black. I realise, this girl is showing me the part of her that is so broken, it shows the mental wounds that lay open just waiting to heal.

"Yeah beautiful girl?" I ask trying to stop my voice from cracking, as the tears sting in my eyes just begging me to let them fall.

She looks down at her hands, her breathing quickens as her body tenses up. I use two fingers under her chin pulling her chin up, her eyes connect with mine. Making me feel like nothing else in this world mattered, just us..

"Princess hold you head up high, your tiara is falling..," I say giving her a little smile as I kiss her cheek letting the sparks make my body buzz and the butterflies flitter in my stomach.

She takes a deep breath, looking me in the eyes.

"I have.. I mean, I, uh, I had an eating disorder..," she says looking down, but taking another breath before looking back up at me.

"I-I'm recovering," she says looking into my eyes just waiting for me to say something.

All I can think is.. I knew it!

I was about to speak when the cheery face of Camila walks back into the bathroom, her smile fading as she sees just how close our faces are. She walks over, she rubs Nevaeh's back just letting her know she is here. I smile up at her, but honestly I just want her to leave so I can talk to Nevaeh. I want to make this beautiful girl know that she is loved no matter what!

"You're needed downstairs.. I can take care of her," Camila says bring me out of my thoughts, as she looks down at the picture of us in her eyes causes a frown to form on her face.

She carefully puts her arms out for Nevaeh to take, she let's go of my t-shirt taking Camila's hands. She lifts her to her feet with ease, smiling she pulls a very broken Nevaeh into her arms. It breaks my heart seeing her so broken, but it hurts more knowing Camila gets to make her feel better. I don't know what it is but I use to get along with Camila now I hate seeing her touch Nevaeh, maybe it's.. Jealousy?

Nevaeh's POV:

I hear the soft sound of footstep walk through the bathroom door, approaching where I sit clinging onto Demi. I feel a hand rub my back I would have flinched but I knew this touch, well my body did at least. I stay still, holding into Demi tighter with our faces so close that I just want to connect our lips just so I know..

"You're needed downstairs.. I can take care of her," I hear Camila's soft sweet voice bring me out of my thoughts.

She steps into my view, she puts her hand out of me to take. I carefully take them, letting her lift me to my feet with ease, as if I was a little 5 years old. Maybe she is just strong, I know I'm heavy but she made it out as if I was as light as a feather. She wraps her arms around me, pulli me into the warmth of her body, making me feel safe like no one will ever be able to hurt me ever again. She kisses my cheek, she holds me tight against her as I try to get as close as I can.

I hear the foot steps of Demi as she walks out the bathroom. I could tell she wasn't happy that Camila interrupted us, but I'm not the only one who needs Demi. There is five other girls sitting downstairs needing Demi, they need her to be able to have any chance in this competition that they want to win just as much as I do.

I wrap my arms around Camila's necks, letting her pick me up so her hands are on my thighs as I wrap my legs around her waist. She may be shorter then me, well she is even shorter the Demi! Well just shorter then Demi. She carries me with ease towards the bathroom doorway, once we out the bathroom she stops looking up at me.

"Come on! Let's cuddle and watch movies!" She squeals like a little kid causing me to giggle.

I lay in Camila's arms watching The Lion King! It is definitely one of my most favourite childhood movies, but I have to say my favourite thing to watch when I'm upset use to be Teletubies! I know I'm so childish but oh well. I smile at how comfortable this king sized bed is, but I'm loving the cuddling the best!

"So how did you get the bruises? And don't lie!" Camila asks me poking at the two large bruises on my face, they are still very painful but I guess I'm lucky I'm not the one with a broken nose or busted lip.

I huff loudly, knowing she won't give up until I tell her the truth,"I got in a fight at school!"

"Did you report it?" She ask looking concerned as she pokes around my bruises causing pain.

I swat her hand away, putting it onto my side whilst I stare into her brown eyes.

"I busted her lip open and broke her nose with my principal standing there watching us fight. I didn't know she was standing there until she called me into her office. I'm suspended for 2 weeks..," I say trailing off remembering the pain that was caused by both punches that collided with my face but also the pain I inflicted on the one person who couldn't stop hurting me mentally or physically.

I smile knowing I finally stood up from myself. I wasn't going to let her kill me with her words.. I wasn't going to let her win! I couldn't..

Camila quickly changes the subject, a smile on her face as she asks,"What made you decide to audition for X Factor?"

I can tell curiosity is killing her. Well, curiosity DID kill that cat, remember?

"I want to win because of the money at the end would give me the chance to give my baby sister everything she will ever need or want in life. She deserves it! The recording deal is the best part because I get to live my dream and be able to support my little sister so she won't grow up having to go without like we did. But the main reason is I wanted to make my mum proud of me..," I say as my voice cracks at the end, tears threatening to fall as I look into Camila's brown eyes that make me realise she is the only one I want to be here with right now.

"So your mom must have been so happy with you getting through audition and boot camp?" She ask playfully as she smiles looking at me with nothing butt pure happiness.

I feel my heart break into a million pieces as tears rush to the brim of my eyes, stings as they beg me to let them fall down my already tear stained cheeks.

The tears finally falls as I let my voice betray me as I finally say the one thing that breaks my heart the most,"my mum is dead.."