Chapter 8: The Judges Houses

Nevaeh's POV:

I smile as walk downstairs, my earphones shoved tightly into my ears. I've spent most of my morning listening to the same song on repeat, it's the one that I'm going to be singing for my judges house stage. But right now it doesn't matter, I'm just going to chill out.

I hear the laughter coming from the kitchen, I recognise the contagious laugh of Demi Lovato. Walking into the kitchen I find the whole kitchen island full of different food, I take a plate felling it with my favourite food. Choc chip pancake!

"Morning all!" I chirp happily looking for an empty seat.

I walk over taking the empty seat in between Camila and Lauren. I start eating before looking up to see everyone looking at me. They weren't looking at me for what I'm eating but what I'm wearing. This morning I decided to ditch my usual look. I'm wearing red ripped skinny jeans, my blue superman hoodie and my worn out blue Dunlop Volleys. I'm also wearing light make up revealing my badly bruised face and my hair down in its natural waves. I look completely different without my style but I just wanted to be normal just for today at least.

I look up to see Demi watching me eat every mouthful I take of my two pancakes on my plate. I smile as I look around seeing everyone sitting around eating as they talk about everything. Camila smiles at me, she leans over whispering in my ear,"see princess you look beautiful with your head held high with that tiara sitting high on your head shine as bright as your smile."

I smile, a blush forms on my cheeks causing Dinah to wink at me playfully.

"Are you looking to the judges houses stage?" Lauren asks smiling at me, she takes another spoonful of cereal shoving it into her mouth.

"To be honest I'm so fucking nervous! But I know that what is meant to be will be," I say smiling back at Lauren as I shove the last piece of my choc chip pancake into my mouth chewing it as I let it slide down my throat.

Camila puts her hand on my thigh, she lightly rubs circles to calm me down. And it is actually working! She knows exactly how to make me smile and do the right thing at the right time. Well she is nearly perfect. Well, she is Karla Camila Cabello!

"Vaeh, you will be fine! I know you have an amazing voice," Camila says smiling as she kissed my cheek causing Dinah to wink at me again and Lauren to nudge me in the ribs.

I can see Demi glaring at both Camila and I. If looks could kill I swear both of us would of been dead and even that badly burnt that we would be dust! I swear she is giving us these crazy eyes!

"Nevaeh, what are you going to be singing?" Dinah asks me curiously, I know she is trying to turn the attention off Camila kissing my cheek to something that Demi won't try to kill us with her mind as she glares at us.

I smirk,"that's for me to know and you to find out!"

I poke my tongue out, I snatch a bottle of water off the counter. I take the cap of taking quick gulps of water before setting it back down on the counter. I take the chance to stick my earphones back into my ears, I walk out the kitchen heading back upstairs to keep practicing for later.

I take a deep breath as my whole body shakes uncontrollably as my anxiety disorder starts to kick in. I take a quick sip of water. I hold the microphone so tight that my knuckles are turning white, my heart rate starts to race as the butterflies in my stomach start to flitter making me feel sick. I take another deep breath as I take quick strides towards the area in the back yard of Demi's house. There is cameras everywhere, Demi sits on a long white couch with the five girls of Fifth Harmony.

I smile as my eyes land on Demi, she just stare through me like I'm not even standing in front of her. She looks through me as if I don't even exist. It makes me think she has already decided she isn't going to be sending me through to the live shows without even hearing me sing again.