Chapter 33: For The Love Of A Daughter

Demi's POV:

I can't believe it! I though I was going to lose Lacey but they both got through a long with Alex and Sierra. We are finally into the finals, the girls have to sing a solo song then a duet with whoever famous we choose as their mentors. The show starts off with a group song with the top 12 of this years X Factor had in the live shows.

I have been working with Lacey every single day for hours on end, trying my best to get her ready for the final. She has involved drastically, she has become so confident in herself. But, Nevaeh I haven't seen in over three days, she has been working hard by herself on all her songs for the finals.

I grab my phone from the table, walking out the office after a gruelling meeting with my management over my a Neon Lights Tour at the start of next year to promote my new album 'Demi'. It will be good to once again be on the road, getting to meet so many of my fans and working with a few artist who are coming on the road with me. I unlock my screen and quickly send Nevaeh a text message as I walk toward my car in the underground parking lot of the huge record label building.

'ME:
Hey :) Are you ready for our journey out to Long Beach then back to your concert back here in LA?'

I lock my phone screen, shoving it back into my pocket and unlocking my car. I get in, shutting the door behind myself and shove my keys into the ignition and starting my car up. I carefully reverse out the park and driving out the parking lot and down the street. Heading towards my house a few blocks away.

###
I stand back stage with a smile on my lips, it may only be a make do stage and a small concert in the middle of a shopping centre but it was a step so close for them both to become recording artists. I grab a microphone, stepping up on stage and waving at the adoring fans. I turn it on and smile out at the fans, loving every moment of it.

"Hey guys!" I yell into the microphone, never losing my smile as they cheer loudly,"I'm here today with my girl Nevaeh Alexis. So I would like you all to welcome her to the stage."

Nevaeh walks on stage wearing a pair of bright blue skinny jeans that goes perfectly with her newly dyed bright blue fringe and her black Batman tee, showing off the cute and scars that litter her arms for everyone to see.

"Hey guys! I'm going to be sing a few songs today but I'm going to with one of my favourite songs to sing it's Everybody Hurts by Avril Lavigne," she says proudly, working the audience perfectly.

I walk off stage, watching from the side lines and taking a few photos. I shove my phone into my pocket as the music starts to play.

"Don't know, don't know if I can do this on my own
Why do you have to leave me?
It seems I'm losing something deep inside of me
Hold on onto me

Now I see, now I see

Everybody hurts some days
It's okay to be afraid
Everybody hurts, everybody screams
Everybody feels this way and it's okay
Ladadadada, it's okay

It feels like nothing really matters anymore
When you're gone, I can't breathe
And I know you never meant to make me feel this way
This can't be happening

Now I see (now I see), now I see

Everybody hurts some days
It's okay to be afraid
Everybody hurts, everybody screams
Everybody feels this way and it's okay

Ladadadada it's okay

Lalalala

So many questions, so much on my mind
So many answers I can't find
I wish I could turn back the time
I wonder why

Everybody hurts some days (some days)

It's okay to be afraid (I'm afraid)
Everybody hurts, everybody screams
Everybody feels this way and it's okay