FATHER AND SON:

Daniel's P.O.V:

That guy, really?

Come on Ren... Why him of all people, he's a total narcissist.

*Sigh*

I guess guys like me will never get a girl like that. Nice guys finish last...

DAD: "Writing in that journal of yours?"

DANIEL: "Yeah..."

DAD: "Enjoy, I won't bother you."

DANIEL: "Wait, aren't you going to ask me about how my day went? What about your day... How did your day go dad?"

DAD: "You wouldn't want to know, it was boring."

DANIEL: "You know what... You're annoying me Dad."

DAD: "...Excuse me?"

DANIEL: "I SAID THAT YOU'RE ANNOYING ME!"

DAD: "Don't yell."

DANIEL: "Why do you call me your son... When it's so clear that you didn't want me."

DAD: "Don't say that... Of course I wanted you, it's just that I must focus on my job in this moment in time."

DANIEL: "Your job?! Great, I love hearing about this job that you love so much. No wait... YOU DON'T LOVE IT! For crying out loud dad you're dying of literal boredom."

DAD: "There are some things that you don't understand..."

DANIEL: "Yeah... And there are some things that YOU don't understand. How to be a caring father for instance or how about how to be a good bounty hunter! There's a reason that your codename is Ryder, it's because you're riding yourself into the ground!"

RYDER: "Low blow Daniel..."

DANIEL: "Oh shut up."

RYDER: "Fine... If that's the way that you think of me then I'm just going to have to try harder. This will be my final case as a bounty hunter, Daniel and I'm going to make it one to remember."

DANIEL: "Do you promise?"

RYDER: "Of course i do. Once I find out who is behind all of this, Westchester will be a safe place to live again. We can finally live here in peace."

DANIEL: "That's good to hear... Besides, I've made a friend."

RYDER: "Interesting."

DANIEL: "That's a word that I haven't heard you say in a long time."

RYDER: "Whatever, but who is this friend? Unfortunately you can't invite them. This investigation cannot be compromized.

DANIEL: "Her name is Renée."

RYDER: "Nice name, a possible girl in your life already, huh?"

DANIEL: "She's really pretty and really friendly. Someone is already dating her, so don't expect anything."

RYDER: "Ugh... Don't you hate it when that happens? Fall in love with a girl only for her to fall for some selfish pri-"

DANIEL: "What?"

RYDER: "Nothing... It's... It's nothing, Daniel."

DANIEL: "Okay Dad... I'm sorry for what I said."

RYDER: "It's fine, just get ready for tomorrow. You have a long day ahead of you."

It's almost like Dad is hiding something from me, nothing new there... But then again, I don't know anything about Dad's childhood or where he grew up.

Maybe one day I will find out, or maybe not...