PATRONISING PARENTS

Renée's P.O.V:

Grrrrrrrr! I'm so frustrated I could just...SPIT!

So much for having friends, am I right?!

Just... Okay, it's just frustrating. You think you can make plans with your friend but they cancel last minute to help their new friend out.

What gives?

Sure, Dani can be friends with Miyu, but he shouldn't brush me off like that.

Especially since this Miyu is acting WAAAAY too confident! Like, who does she think she is?!

So what if her father's a world-famous producer...
So what if her mother's a famous singer...

I have famous parents too!
(Not that I asked for this life...)

Don't get the wrong idea. It's not like I'm jealous of her or anything, I mean... How juvenile would that be?!

If things couldn't get any worse, I hear a knocking at my bedroom door. Followed by the thing opening...

WITHOUT PERMISSION.

NIKKI: "Hi Renée, mind if I come in?"

RENÉE: "Well, you've already barged in. So why not?"

NIKKI: "Great, thanks."

RENÉE: "So what do you want to talk about?"

NIKKI: "Ohhh, Nothing much."

RENÉE: "You clearly want to talk about something..."

NIKKI: "Maybe just a little mother-daughter girl talk, I guess? Maybe we could talk about the latest gossip!"

RENÉE: "There isn't any. I'm not interested in that stuff."

NIKKI: "Oh, okay."

RENÉE: "..."

NIKKI: "Is something wrong? You look angry today."

RENÉE: "Well, you don't look so good today, either."

NIKKI: "I'm fine, but what's more important is if you're okay."

Wow, way to turn my question back at me mom...

RENÉE: "I'm...fine?"

NIKKI: "No you're not, it's boy troubles isn't it?"

RENÉE: "What?! What makes you think that?!"

NIKKI: "Listen here young lady, you're staring at the author of the book of boy troubles. I've been through that stuff WAAAAAAY too much to not notice it."

RENÉE: "Yeah, but you were lucky. You had two guys fighting over you. Me? I'm having trouble trying to get just one to notice me... OOPS!"

NIKKI: "So you DO like someone!"

RENÉE: "I DON'T!"

NIKKI: "Who is it? Who's this lucky guy?"

BRANDON: "Yeah sweetheart, tell us."

Oh come on! Whatever happened to privacy?!

RENÉE: "It's nothing! I'm just being stupid... After what happened with Jordan, why should I date anyone?"

BRANDON: "Not all boys are like that, Renée. Do you think I'm like that?"

RENÉE: "No dad, I would never place you in the same boat as him. I'm just worried... The moment I open up, I'll put myself at risk of letting someone in and hurting me again."

BRANDON: "Word of advice buttercup, if it wasn't for your old man taking a major risk that could have resulted in heartbreak... Well... Let's say another kid named Negrini would be here."

NIKKI: "You haven't said that name in years."

BRANDON: "I didn't say anything."

NIKKI: "You just said Negrini."

BRANDON: "Who?"

NIKKI: "Don't act like this, can't you just accept that the past happened?"

BRANDON: "I don't know what you're talking about. Some things are supposed to be forgotten."

NIKKI: "Just because he wanted us to forget him, it doesn't mean that I have."

RENÉE: "Your diary, Mom. You wrote so many things about this Maxwell guy."

BRANDON: "..."

NIKKI: "Don't give me that look, Brandon, of course I did."

BRANDON: "Why did you have to dig up the past, Renée? Why couldn't you have left it dead and buried?"

RENÉE: "Because even if there are bad memories, The good ones outweigh them! I read all about them in Mom's diary!"

BRANDON: "Nothing outweighs the look of hatred in his eye. His only remaining eye... The other he lost because I abandoned him."

"

NIKKI: "It's not your fault

NIKKI: "It's not your fault..."

BRANDON: "It's not your responsibility, either! We were played like puppets by André, and we only noticed when the damaged was done and it was too late."

RENÉE: "André Davenport?"

BRANDON: "Yep, they say his methods were similar to Jordan's. Subliminal messages, brainwashing people to obey every command.
It's sickening."

RENÉE: "But if it's all on André, then surely you can forgive Maxwell, right?"

BRANDON: "No. It's better to forget."

NIKKI: "Better, or just easier?"

BRANDON: "Don't do this to me..."

RENÉE: "What would happen if you saw him again?"

BRANDON: "I WON'T see him again, end of story. He's probably dead."

NIKKI: "How could you say that?!"

BRANDON: "I don't know!"

RENÉE: "Please don't fight..."

NIKKI: *Sigh* "Listen Renée, our problems shouldn't be passed onto you. So instead, let's talk about your problems.
Tell us about boys!"

BRANDON: "...Yeah, tell us."

This is going to be a looooooong night...