13. Madi's Backstory

Can you imagine it? A seven year old night blood left to find for herself after her family and friends were killed by the monster, Praimfaya. She quickly came to learn that crying wouldn't bring them back, and she needed to focus on herself and her needs.

With the little training she learned as a young Ouskejon Kru Grounder, she was able to successfully capture food and gather water for herself. She survived for a whole year, alone and scared. She knew if she was the only one left, she had to survive.

She hated being alone. She missed her best friend, Trea. They would always play together, train together, and spend time together, that was until Praimfaya took her soul. Madi believed, though, that the ancestors of Ouskejon Kru would take care of her in the ashes.

Sometimes to cure herself from bored-ness, she would hide behind the bushes by a lake, watching the peaceful animals drink the water.

Water. Madi was so afraid of the water. One child from her Kru drowned. She and many others from Ouskejon Kru were afraid to go near water after that. At the time, although oblivious to the fact that these were jokes, some elders in her Kru warned about the 'Afanc', a monster who lives in lakes waiting to eat their next victim.

It took Madi a while to get over this fear. Before Praimfaya, someone else would go get her a canteen of water, but, now she had to do it herself. For four days, she didn't drink any water because she was too afraid to collect it. But she realized she needed it to survive. Slowly but surely, she got over her fear.

After a year of being alone, Madi finally found someone.

When Madi went to go collect water, she saw another person. A woman. Her hair was very long. She looked very tired. She had bloodstains on her arms and legs, and a deep gash on her stomach.

Madi watched as the woman took off her shirt, revealing the actual wound. Then the strange woman took her shirt, drenched it with water, and cleansed her wound. After a while of doing that, she hopped in the water.

Madi, being the naive little nightblood she was, started screaming at the woman, "Stop! Afanc will get you!"

Startled to death and tired, Clarke jumped out of the water.
"Am I hallucinating?" She asked herself.
It had been so long since she had heard another human's voice, let alone see another human.
"Who are you?" Clarke asked.
"Madi," The nightblood replied.
"I'm Clarke, it's nice to meet you."

After their first rendezvous, Clarke immediately took Madi under her wing. She now became a mother figure to Madi. Madi became Clarke's reason to live and thrive on Earth. And the rest was history, until now.

A/N- sorry if this chapter has more spelling mistakes than usual, my computer's dead and it's the only thing that has this special grammar software on it, so I'm sorry if I was careless at a few points. Well, I hope you guys liked Madi's backstory!! I can't wait to see what the writers make Madi's backstory in The 100. I'm so excited for season 5!!!!