Chapter twenty

Chapter Twenty:

"Has he awaken?" And a deep male voice softy talked to another voice which was a little high pitched. Guessing it was a female, I heard soft feet patter against the floor gently.

I tried to move but I felt something strapped around me. "You should be fine in a couple of days, just a few minor injuries to the digestive system."

A FEW MINOR INJURIES?!? Especially to the digestive system. That's gotta be bad. I remember Marshall's knife, it was pretty sharp and long.

I cleared my throat, more like groaned hoarsely, catching the doctor's attention. "Why hello there. I'm Doctor Steven. Right at the moment your eyes are covered because they were dilated, but in a little bit we can take the bandage off, ok?" I heard him shuffle around and then quietly walk away. Or so I think.

I tried to swallow but the lump in my throat was blocking it. I'm so thirsty. I wish I could move so I could call a nurse for some water. Suddenly, like literally out of nowhere, a high pithed voice echoed in the silent room.

"Hey, Gumball. I'm your nurse for today. My name is Charlene, call me when you need me." I could practically hear her smile falter at what she just said. "You know what I mean... Anyway, I hear to drain some fluids from your sinuses and wash it out with some water.."

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

"There we go, nice and clean! Now for the fun part!" I felt a cold metal thing sit on my tongue and soon the soothing cool of water washed down my throat slowly.

"Okey dokey, all done here. Have a good sleep!" And with that, I heard her heels clacking out of the room. Oh, how I hate cheery nurses.

I sighed once again since I had nothing else to do in my-oh so- boring life. This bandage on my eyes is bugging the hell out of me. Where is that damned doctor?! I will have to talk to these people after I get out of here.

I let my mind wander to Marshall on why he stabbed me. Was it for revenge? What did I ever do to him? Is he working with someone? Well, that could be a possibility. Maybe.

I thought he loved me. Guess my conclusion was wrong about us.